Skip to main content

Poll

8 spark plugs for a 5.0

Total Members Voted: 15

Topic: spark plugs E3 or bosch (Read 2227 times) previous topic - next topic

spark plugs E3 or bosch

Reply #15
Quote from: 88TurboCoupeman01;233374
NGK u have to replace every 20-25K miles.

That's true with most copper plugs.  Even more so in boosted applications.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

spark plugs E3 or bosch

Reply #16
This is why I ask,
Fist thing is most negative feeling towards bosch so there out.
Second most positive in the poll for the indexed plug w/is how I should have worded it not specifically motor craft. I’m considering auto light and NGK doing the same. Besides 2 people I know personally here locally are split between the 2.
Last said I did not rule out the E3s yet. the only problem w them is 2 thing right now 1 most inexperience w/them right now. And 2 when you order them, you can only order them for a car application and there’s no gaping so if you have a MSD box and are looking to go w/a larger gap, can’t do. And if you looking for a specific heat rating that could also be a problem.

If your interested in the E3 website here it is http://www.e3sparkplugs.com/

spark plugs E3 or bosch

Reply #17
I ran Bosch plugs before I swapped my H/C/I.  Never had an isue with them.  After the last experience I had with Autolite's about 7 years ago, I will never put another set of them in any car I ever own.  I'm currently running Accels.  I swap plugs every 15K out of habit.  Perhaps some may see that as wasteful, but hey, it lets me sleep at night.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

spark plugs E3 or bosch

Reply #18
I ran Bosch plugs before I swapped my H/C/I.  Never had an issue with them.  After the last experience I had with Autolite's about 7 years ago, I will never put another set of them in any car I ever own.  I'm currently running Accel u-grooves.  I swap plugs every 15K out of habit.  Perhaps some may see that as wasteful, but hey, it lets me sleep at night.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

spark plugs E3 or bosch

Reply #19
I'm running AC Rapid Fires...

So Shoot me...

spark plugs E3 or bosch

Reply #20
Still haven’t bought plugs yet but this is what I was talking about on SPIKE TV and HORSEPOWER TV enjoy and criticize http://www.e3sparkplugs.com/video.htm

I think that’s cool with the plugs side by side showing the spark. Unless E3 altered the test it does show a difference.

spark plugs E3 or bosch

Reply #21
They probably have a internal gap the spark must jump... What this does is increase the voltage necessary to jump each gap and does result in a hotter spark(assuming the coil can deliver it)... Bet they'd run like  in a stock '60s points system...

Champion marketed the internal gap plugs 40 years ago... Type number was same but began with a "U"

spark plugs E3 or bosch

Reply #22
I had excellent results with Autolite racing plugs...# AR133 (for HO)...just don't ever run'em below 65* ambient temp(for more than a few days)...will foul O2 sensors and carbon up your EGR nicely(ask me how I know!)...I felt a seat of the pants improvement in the summer months though, before I sent the O2's and EGR to hell.

NEVER BOSCH in a 5.0...I can't tell you why 5.0's and 5.8's don't like'em, but they just don't...lol.

Good luck,
Don
Project 3G: Grandpa Grocery Getter-'85 Crown Vic LTD 2-door, 351W with heavily ported/polished GT40 heads, heavily ported/polished Typhoon Power Plus upper & lower intake, Comp Cams 265DEH retarded 1*, FAST EZ-EFI, HD T5, 8.8" 3.73 trac lock with extra clutches, 3G alt. swap, '99 CVPI front brakes, '09 CVPI rear disc brakes, '00 CVPI booster&m/c + wilwood adj prop valve.

Parted & Gone-'88 T-bird Sport, 351W swap, ported GT40 heads

spark plugs E3 or bosch

Reply #23
everybody has there opions heres mine i own all fords and only use bosch +4s i just gave my neice my 01 taurus i put 120,000 miles on the set never a problem i changed them out for her with new ones i got them in my truck, my wifes freestyle, and my 88 t-bird .i drive a lot of miles per year for work (construction) not to say others have had there problems with them i just havnt had any is all just try what u feel safe with and leave those rice burners in the dust.

spark plugs E3 or bosch

Reply #24
I got some bosch plugs way back in the day, my first time working on my car. I wanted to try to get it to pass saftey and emissions. It got slightly better after the plugs, but didn't seem to have any real power. I also got really cheap wires after and lost even more power. That was in 02 and the old wires said motorcraft 1986 on it. I'm guessing origonals...
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

spark plugs E3 or bosch

Reply #25
Ok guys I have a confession to make I double posted this question on corral but asked a little different so here it is http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1049319
Most guys there weren’t into it either to.
Below is more info I found on Google for the E3 sparkplugs
I also read a lot of other forums and got mixed reviews those of them who don’t have them think it’s a scam. And those who do have them like them- in 2 ways some say better millage, some say they didn’t see any millage difference but notice a possible performance difference. I did not ad any of those cause there to many and they are subjective I have no idea who they are.

http://www.autobloggreen.com/2007/10/21/dont-count-on-e3-spark-plugs-to-save-you-money-on-gas/

http://martincoadvertising.com/pr/2008/07/03/e3-spark-plugs-powersports-market/

http://www.autofieldguide.com/articles/020503.html

spark plugs E3 or bosch

Reply #26
At this point feel like and probably sound like a sales person for them please don’t confuse me. I’m just sharing my research. I still have not decided.

spark plugs E3 or bosch

Reply #27
Quote from: Chuck W;232697
I've always had good luck with the NGK V-Power plugs.  Other than that I only use AutoLite.

x2
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication