Skip to main content
Topic: Everyone wants a Fox Bird. (Read 1302 times) previous topic - next topic

Everyone wants a Fox Bird.

I was looking to see if anyone had the History of the Ford Thunderbird. I didn't find that but I did find a koo little vid clip of when everyone wanted a Fox-Bird.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8267074969860673633&ei=dpqnSPP1N4S64gK07cEc&vt=lf&hl=en

That is alot of birds on that track. Go birdy's go!
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #1
thats back before we had cookie-cutter racecars

ah i miss the days where it was company& driver vs one another.

instead of driver vs driver in the same car.

Reply #2
Bill won the race where Geoff Bodine(#5) spun him... That was about 4-5 laps from the end, Bill & Mark Martin ran to pits and got tires, Bodine did not...They flew by him on the second lap after the restart... Was Bills first short track win... His Bird almost looked as if it had been in a demo derby, but she took a lickin' and kept on tickin'

How do I remember this after 20 yr??? Watched the tape a couple months ago...

BTW in a interview a few years back, Bill stated the '87-'88 was his favorite body style to race...

Said they were easy to drive at 200mph...

Reply #3
BTW in a interview a few years back, Bill stated the '87-'88 was his favorite body style to race...

Said they were easy to drive at 200mph...[/QUOTE]

Id say it was his favorite; he did break and still holds to this day some speed records in that car.

Reply #4
Quote from: Innes;232437
Id say it was his favorite; he did break and still holds to this day some speed records in that car.

212.809... May '87 at Talladega... Went 212.239 in May '86 with a four eye, same track... After the May '87 race, the restrictor plates came into use because of Bobby Allison's Buick getting air born and almost going into the grandstands...  GM products...

Reply #5
Nascar has been on a steady downhill slope ever since the plates went on. Now it's just become ridiculous, and I don't even watch it anymore.
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)

Reply #6
Its turning into them driving really fast go carts with the rules now, they just need so kid to stand at the corners and blow a whistle when they bump each other. The only reason I started to like Tony Stewart was because he raced like they should. I was always a Earnhardt fan, still am but even since I can remember watching races it has gotten worse. Another Great American thing gone, just like AB.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #7
Elliot also came from 2 laps down at Talladega,to win the race.Do you remember that?

The 80's have to be the best years of Nascar for me.
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily: 
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily:
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.

Reply #8
I'm not a big fan of NASCAR.  I did go to the Brickyard and see Tony Stewart win and that was pretty awesome...but I agree that it is totally about the drivers now and not the cars.

The 80's was the end of cool looking NASCAR's.  I remember watching when the T-birds and Monte Carlos were battling it out when I was younger.  I just can't get too excited about it currently...they need to bring back a Trans AM series or something using current 'stangs, Challengers, upcoming Camaro's, etc.  That would be cool.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #9
"Bill stated the '87-'88 was his favorite body style"

Bill told this to me personally at least twice when I've been to the shop.

Reply #10
i wonder if any of those teams have some extra body parts lying around? i know Maier racing used to make some big flares way back when but i cant find anything on their site anymore.

Reply #11
Quote from: Chooglin;232555
Elliot also came from 2 laps down at Talladega,to win the race.Do you remember that?

The 80's have to be the best years of Nascar for me.

Talladega had some of the best races ever. Earnhardt did some amazing stuff there,Look at this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TR607FDog0
Quote from: lakenheath24;232982
i wonder if any of those teams have some extra body parts lying around? i know Maier racing used to make some big flares way back when but i cant find anything on their site anymore.

That would be cool!
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #12
Quote from: Chooglin;232555

yes, i was there!!!!:hick:
-'87 turbo coupe with only 740 ORIGINAL miles.... :dunce:
-'86 turbo coupe, 5sp. Cali Car.......:cool: