Skip to main content
Topic: 2.3 turbo questions NEED HELP 2.3 GURU'S!!! (Read 1504 times) previous topic - next topic

2.3 turbo questions NEED HELP 2.3 GURU'S!!!

Reply #15
no the fitting is off a turbo from a manual car
and ive never driven my mark on the road so idk how that power is.
Im comparing to how it was before. Put a non cracked EGR on it and it still leaks out the back so it needs some more work but it helped some what of the problems.
Now it will rarely throw the CEL, and the idle stumbles sometimes but most times shoots up to around 3k, and can be adjusted down but then the idle stumbles and it stalls if u turn it down

Another thing is the timeing was 10 degrees out, turned it to were it should be and it pings like a bitch, turned it down some and it still pings
what gives??
Im thinking maybe the map sensor or something is causeing it to run lean is my guess.
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07