Skip to main content
Topic: axle/wheel questions (Read 988 times) previous topic - next topic

axle/wheel questions

okay, well my brother recently bought a 1997 ranger as a parts truck, and so i have the 5 lug axle out of it sitting in my driveway, and i also have a friend who has 4 brand new 5 lug american racing rims that are 10" wide and a 38mm offset and he is willing to give them to me at a very good price. i am wondering will the axle fit under my thunderbird, and will those rims work on the back with that axle? i am thinking about just buying them and mounting drag slicks on 2 and street tires on the other 2 and swapping them out at the track, and buy another 2 skinnier rims for the front, because im pretty sure that i wouldnt be able to mount those rims under the front of the car
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

axle/wheel questions

Reply #1
Just take the drivers side axle out and find another driver side
 and you can install them into your rearend and have 5 lug

SCT Tuned by Me(Greg@SpeedyDyno.com)

E.T. 10.28 @ 136.5 MPH 1/4 mile: List of Mods; 351 EFI, AFR heads,AOD,Rousch 13in frt brakes,11in rear brakes, AirRide Tech air ride system, Sub frame connetors,2400 RPM stall, 3.50,BBK shorties,T62PT Turbos  air to air intercooled, Home built kit.
Car weights 3705lbs without driver:burnout:

axle/wheel questions

Reply #2
I'm reading that you're asking if the whole REAR END will work under your TBird...

No...
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

axle/wheel questions

Reply #3
will a 10" rim with a 38mm offset fit under the rear of the car with the stock axle width? or would they rub on anything underneath the car or stick way out on the sides?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]