Skip to main content
Topic: Home Project (this one's for you, Jim Miller) (Read 5039 times) previous topic - next topic

Home Project (this one's for you, Jim Miller)

I know I said I would post pics of my house a long time ago.
So I figure, this would be a good start. As it's a start of a new and old project at the same time.

I started remodeling our kitchen 2 years ago, and never finished because of other projects in the house needing more attention.
This week I had some time and money to finish, or at least start the finishing.

Here's a quick view of the kitchen as it is right now. (don't look at the messy parts)

As you can see, there's no doors on the cabinets.
Here's a little background on the kitchen job.
The kitchen you see right now was never this size. I relocated a laundry room, powder room and basp00get stairs, that were in this area of the house. the original kitchen was about 10x10 with an island. Yep, your trying to picture that I bet. Lets just say, you had to leave to let someone in.
So I told my wife that I would build her the kitchen of her dreams. It actually connects to an open conservatory that I built for her too, But thats another story.
I rebuilt, rewired, replumbed and installed hydronic radiant heating under all the ceramic tile.
I built all the cabinets and trim. built all the interior doors and installed all new window ad exterior doors. actually put insulation in the walls (in this century) and re-drywalled everything.

So now I'm going to take you step by step through the rest of the job.

First we need some lumber. (this isn't the entire amount I need)

Then we rip it into door rail size

Then we take it on this..

and make this

Then we start cutting them the correct door sizes (this is just some of them)

then we take the door rails and do this to each end

Put some glue in there and pin them (don't need clamps this way)

Then I start putting them together. (these will have glass)

then we cut the panels for the regular doors

I then do this to the door panels

then I take some rails that I double edge cut

put it on this

and do this to some ends (these will be center rails)

then put them together

And here we are after 2 days of work... (again, these are just a few)  More to follow..............
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1
you are quite the craftsman.................very nice work.

My wife would have thrown me out of the house ,if I would have left her kitchen unfinished for 2 years................lol.
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily: 
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily:
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.

Reply #2
Quote from: Chooglin;230128
you are quite the craftsman.................very nice work.

My wife would have thrown me out of the house ,if I would have left her kitchen unfinished for 2 years................lol.

If you only saw the rest of the house that I did in that time, you would both would have agreed with the choice. I'll post some of those too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #3
Wow.I think I'll stick to having Lowe's come install my house stuff.I'll stick to working on my Bird.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #4
Man, that makes my recent completetion of a crown-moudling/paint project, or built-in bookshelf look like child's play.

Having the proper tools and the room to use them is very helpful though.

Interested to see how the project progresses.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

Reply #5
Quote from: vinnietbird;230139
Wow.I think I'll stick to having Lowe's come install my house stuff.I'll stick to working on my Bird.

They have to hire people like me, and pay them.

Home Depot offered me a job as an installer.
$400 a week. I laughed at them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #6
Quote from: Chuck W;230147
Man, that makes my recent completetion of a crown-moudling/paint project, or built-in bookshelf look like child's play.

Having the proper tools and the room to use them is very helpful though.

Interested to see how the project progresses.

Yes, the right tool is the key in doing anything.
Able to afford them is  another story

I think I posted this pic once before.
I built everything , even the bay window
Still working on doors this year for that too.
This is one of those projects I did after building the kitchen cabinets, in those 2 years
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #7
Hey, Jerry are those all the pics you have sent us? ;)

Reply #8
Looks like it cuts into cat time!Oh yeh, do you eat off the floor I seen the bowls there.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #9
Yes Dan, I have sent those pics out before

And don't you worry about Cat time, This is my regular work schedule.
Cat time is on the weekend.
Yes we eat on the floor. we couldn't afford plates after all the remodeling. plus we don't have to worry about dropping anything that way. Drinking is a pain though. LOL

Today was finishing up gluing and sanding. after the sanding, the edges were moulded.

Tomorrow, more sanding and getting ready for the finish.
all together I made 53 door and drawer fronts.
I still have another batch of about 40 to do to finish.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #10
Man, is there anything you can't do?

Reply #11
Quote from: baxo;230238

He never learned how to love.
Temporarily Foxless? Ride the Bull...

Reply #12
Quote from: nirvanagod;230239
He never learned how to love.

LOL
I love, long time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #13
Quote from: baxo;230238

I can't build a motor
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #14
Quote from: daminc;230244
I can't build a motor

Sure you can.Hey do you do mail order? I give you the size you make doors?
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +