Skip to main content
Topic: heads (Read 978 times) previous topic - next topic

heads

Would it really be worth it to put the e7s on in place of my e6s? 10-15 hp? How will it affect my top end power with a stock h.o cam?

Re: heads

Reply #1
I had an 86 GT which came stock with E6 Castings.  I cleaned up (not really ported) the exhaust ports and removed the thermaciter bumps. Did not notice any significant power increase.  I then put on some E7s with the same clean up on the ehaust and removal of thermaciter bumps and wow what a difference.  Well I also added an 87 HO intake at the same time. (The 86 GT had the same pinched intake as the SO,s) but it defineitely woke it up from 4k up.  The bottom felt the same but instead of going flat it surged again around 4k and reved out harder.  I dont know if you would see the same gain unless you change the cam and computer to HO though.  You could use 1.7 Rockers to get more lift out of the stock cam but it would not change the duration or other timing events so may not be worth the cost.  If you are interested I have an 88 HO computer (DA1) and cam  both  for 75$. And I have an 89 HO upper and lower for 50.  You dont need the lower (they are the same but are the main restriction on a stock HO).  but if you wanted to send it out for porting you would still have one on the car.  P.M. if interested.

Reply #2
Thanks for the info and thanks anyways on the spoogeputer and intake. I already have a a9l, ho intake, throttle body, injectors ect but I'm interested in the cam if its the right price. (cheap) Patrick.

Reply #3
$40 plus shipping,  shipping probably around 8-10 bucks