Skip to main content
Topic: WTB: A/C Hose - Compressor to Condensor (Read 344 times) previous topic - next topic

WTB: A/C Hose - Compressor to Condensor

I picked up a new dryer, a replacement condenser, belt and was ready to try to rejuvenate the A/C in my 88 TC when I found the A/C hose form the compressor to the condenser has been rubbing against the idler pulley and ruined the hose since the PO didn't have a belt on it.

This is not available through local parts stores either... :mad:

Does anyone have a good used hose for sale? I believe the 2.3 Turbo versions are different than the other engine versions from what I've seen but if anyone can clear that up it would be appreciated as well.

Price shipped to 74801 would be great!

Thanks!!
-Stephen
88 TC/5sp/Gillis being resurected
69 Stang/347/TKO/EFI
... lots of other wheeled toys ...

Reply #1
Did it wear thru the rubber or metal part? If it is the rubber part you can replace the rubber part. Those crimped ends are 2 pieces. The inner fitting piece and the outer compression collar. You can cut those collars off and replace the rubber hose. Parts stores carry the hose. Then you can get a local A/c shop to crimp the ends on there. Either that or you can buy A/c hose clamps they are just regular hose clamps with a spacer so they tend to leak. The ends are the rare part the rest is replaceable. Except for maybe the HR980 compressor. Those are hard to find. Hope this info helps you get it worked out.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #2
Thanks for the input. Yes it iS the rubber portion. I had thought of doing a splice on it if I can find the right size (10mm) inline connector. Being the compression side I know it is under the most stress so I was somewhat worried about that.

I had not thought of getting the hose replaced - didn't think they could  replace the crimped ends? I will have to see if we have an A/C shop around that can do that.

Thanks! - If anyone has a hose I'm still looking though.

-Stephen
88 TC/5sp/Gillis being resurected
69 Stang/347/TKO/EFI
... lots of other wheeled toys ...

Reply #3
i have a/c stuff for a 5.0... if would help PM me!, if not good luck!
:burnout:  GET SOME!!!!!  :burnout: