Skip to main content
Topic: Roush Thunderbird (Read 9721 times) previous topic - next topic

Roush Thunderbird

Well it's my digital ride :D

I have pretty much finished my 3d project making the Thunderbird.  I thought I'd post it here since not too many people wander down to the Photochops section.

Here is my version of what a Jack Roush version of the Thunderbird would look like.  I tried to keep it simple and not go too wild with it.

After many, many hours of work here she is: (Now I just got to get Roush to build it!)

Rear spoiler shot:

ChuckW inspired NACA ducts™ (love those!)

Gallery of all my T-Bird renders

Work in progress thread of the build

Roush Thunderbird

Reply #1
Looks Good!

Looks like there is alot of roll on the front fenders but I like it! I like the first rims better.

Im guessing you couldnt tuck the headlights or the mirror up closer? I suck at moving stuff around on programs like that, it never goes where i want it to and if it does i dont know how i did it
1986 Cougar LS

Roush Thunderbird

Reply #2
The pics with the other wheels were quickly rendered just to show you the wing and ducts.  The chrome came out too 'chromy' ;)

Yeah, might have to tuck the lights in a bit more. Having no blueprints made getting everything perfect impossible.

Did one more render... I think it turned out much better:

Roush Thunderbird

Reply #3
Cross-drilled rotors make baby Jesus weep.

Having said that, still an amazing job.

Roush Thunderbird

Reply #4
bingo my new desktop backgound

Roush Thunderbird

Reply #5
Very nice!
I do like the chromed rims better though... but, my "favorite color is chrome"! lol
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

Roush Thunderbird

Reply #6
i liked the grey rims better and personally the lil duct thing in front of the rear tire is an eye sore. very nice job though.

Roush Thunderbird

Reply #7
Quote from: pegasus;222013
bingo my new desktop backgound

X2 VERY cool man...:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Roush Thunderbird

Reply #8
Quote from: Red Spar;222005
The pics with the other wheels were quickly rendered just to show you the wing and ducts.  The chrome came out too 'chromy' ;)

Yeah, might have to tuck the lights in a bit more. Having no blueprints made getting everything perfect impossible.

Did one more render... I think it turned out much better:

Yeah I cant even imagine how difficult it was! great job though
1986 Cougar LS

Roush Thunderbird

Reply #9
Quote from: midget28;222044
i liked the grey rims better and personally the lil duct thing in front of the rear tire is an eye sore. very nice job though.

Chuck W isn't going to like you then... :rollin:

Thanks guys for the comps... It really was a lot of work. About a month and a half using all my spare time.  The lack of real blueprints really made it tough.

Anyways I thought I should just repost the original stock body 'Bird I made since the mods are a matter of personal taste.

Here it is in wallpaper size:

Roush Thunderbird

Reply #10
And blue version:

Roush Thunderbird

Reply #11
I like the matte black on the hood in the first shots. Similar to what I plan for Turbokitty except I'll be taking that all the way down to the bumper including the grill.

ChuckW's NACA ducts on the rockers... Good thinkin'. ;)

All in all, VERY nice.

For a bird, that is. ;)

Roush Thunderbird

Reply #12
Thanks Mayhem! 

Yeah, I think when I repaint my real life 'Bird, I'm gunna paint it silver with a matte black hood.  I am really enamored on how good T'Birds look in silver.

I'm gunna play around with some more custom scoop designs.  Regular 'ol scoops don't look all that great on T'bird/Cougars.  You really have to be careful as Birds already have such great lines, anything you add will most likely screw up the look.  On Mustangs for example usually look great with scoops, spoilers, wings and such...Tbirds/Cougars, not so much....

Roush Thunderbird

Reply #13
Nothing wrong with a clean stock hood either. Just my opinion. :)

Roush Thunderbird

Reply #14
Great renders man!

Here's one I did back in the day.