Skip to main content
Topic: Turbo88 Update (Read 2408 times) previous topic - next topic

Turbo88 Update

Well, I haven't been filling anyone in on what has happened in the last 6 months or so with my car, so I thought id make a thread about it.
 Back in march after work i was in a car accident. It Came out of nowhere. I'm driving Southbound on a 2 lane highway at 60km/h a bus is heading the opposite direction, there is a 2 way stop just ahead. bus goes threw the intersection. Some kid in his moms 02 Malibu is lined up on my left (east bound going west) He blows the stop sign, bus goes by and he just appears. I had 20 feet or less to react, hit the binders and steered tot he right to the right, which in turn probably saved the guys 18 year old sisters life or serious injury. Firetrucks where there in 2 minutes, and the cops in 5. Heres some pictures of my damage.
:birdsmily:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2.5" Cat Back Exhaust, CenterForce Stage 2 Dual Friction Clutch, B&M Ripper Shifter, T3/T4 Turbonetics 63 A/R Turbo, Rods Stainless Tubular Ceramic Coated Header, Boost Controller @ 15Psi, Kirban AFPR, 42lb Injectors, 190LPH Walbro Fuel pump, Ranger Roller Cam, 3" Aluminum Intake Tubing, K&N Cone,  KYB Struts, Koni Red Horizontals/Verticals, Eibach Sportline Springs, Racer Walsh C/C Plates, Polyurethane Bushings, 17x9 Cobra R Wheels

Turbo88 Update

Reply #1
more carnage.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2.5" Cat Back Exhaust, CenterForce Stage 2 Dual Friction Clutch, B&M Ripper Shifter, T3/T4 Turbonetics 63 A/R Turbo, Rods Stainless Tubular Ceramic Coated Header, Boost Controller @ 15Psi, Kirban AFPR, 42lb Injectors, 190LPH Walbro Fuel pump, Ranger Roller Cam, 3" Aluminum Intake Tubing, K&N Cone,  KYB Struts, Koni Red Horizontals/Verticals, Eibach Sportline Springs, Racer Walsh C/C Plates, Polyurethane Bushings, 17x9 Cobra R Wheels

Turbo88 Update

Reply #2
Anyways, The Malibu was totaled, and i mean it was completely mangled. My buddy has some pictures on his phone. i will try
and get them up here as soon as I can. the whole passenger side of his car in the front was wrecked, the front wheel was bent
to nearly 180 degrees, it got towed away on the flat deck, i drove home.

Well, to say the least i was somewhat pissed off at the whole situation. ICBC settled it 100% his fault. Now the hunt for a new fender,
front valance, and header panel begun. Fortunately for me the local junkyard got its hands on an 87 red Turbo Coupe. I ran into the guy
a couple times before, it had under 150,000 KM's on it, but the automatic transmission was blown right out of it, I gave him a couple
 websites to go to (Nato,Turboford and are forum) for parts and further information to change it to a t-5 Transmission.

Turns out it sat and eventfully got vandalized when he moved from White Rock to Surrey. So I got hold of the parts i needed.
 Went over to Corvette Specialties (http://www.corvette-specialties.com/site/), a good friend of my fathers owns it. he managed to get about double out of ICBC than
what i would have gotten. I decided that the whole car should get some new paint. So here it is, got it back about a month
ago, these pictures where taken 3 days ago.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Turbo88 Update

Reply #3
Luckily it's a superficial flesh wound.A fender,header panel and bumper cover and you're good to go.......and some paint.Glad to see that the car is easily fixed and not one more parts car.

EDIT ..... I can't see the pics of the car since it was refinished,they are tiny.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Turbo88 Update

Reply #4
More Pictures.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Turbo88 Update

Reply #5
Last week i put my Roller set-up in. Heres a couple pictures.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Turbo88 Update

Reply #6
Last one.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Turbo88 Update

Reply #7
Quote from: vinnietbird;221040
Luckily it's a superficial flesh wound.A fender,header panel and bumper cover and you're good to go.......and some paint.Glad to see that the car is easily fixed and not one more parts car.

EDIT ..... I can't see the pics of the car since it was refinished,they are tiny.

Can you see them now?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Turbo88 Update

Reply #8
Why yes,yes I can see them better.LOL.VERY NICE !!!! Thanks for sharing.I can't wait til the Sport is finished.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Turbo88 Update

Reply #9
*cough*cough*

Turbo88 Update

Reply #10
Quote from: JeremyB;221052
*cough*cough*

x2 :)
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Turbo88 Update

Reply #11
Ill be getting some good still shots soon. ill send some pictures once i get around to it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Turbo88 Update

Reply #12
looked like kind of bad hit but lucky it was not anything like mine nice to see you got it looking even better than it used to and does it still handle like it did before the wreck?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Turbo88 Update

Reply #13
Quote from: Carpimp1987;221087
looked like kind of bad hit but lucky it was not anything like mine nice to see you got it looking even better than it used to and does it still handle like it did before the wreck?

Still handles like a  go kart :D

Fortunately if you look at the pictures it didn't damage the rad support or any steering components. otherwise the car could have been written off. So theoretically the Malibu hit me in the perfect place.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Turbo88 Update

Reply #14
that's great looking car.  i'm glad to see such a nice turn around.
91 ranger 2.3 turbo - nowhere near stock
87 thunderbird turbocoupe
06 pontiac g6 gt