Skip to main content
Topic: everyone always hears me mention (Read 18602 times) previous topic - next topic

everyone always hears me mention

Reply #30
Man, I cant believe you were lucky enough to find it.

I wont sell the Cougar because I know with my luck it will be gone forever...
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #31
How far away was it? I've been wantin to find my old bird i sold afew yrs ago, but I dont have a clue on where to begin. Thats awesome you got it back.

20006 Ford Fusion SE

Reply #32
Quote from: jcassity;295012
same motor?

yes,except now he changed the carb and it is dirty
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #33
Quote from: Blck85TBirdV8;295022
How far away was it? I've been wantin to find my old bird i sold afew yrs ago, but I dont have a clue on where to begin. Thats awesome you got it back.

its a 2hr ride each way. best way to start is have a officer run the vin
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #34
Quote from: SLEEPER T-BIRD 87;295038
its a 2hr ride each way.

Really??? LOL :hick:
Quote from: SLEEPER T-BIRD 87;295038
best way to start is have a officer run the vin

Which AFIK is illegal for them to do so other than official business, but still happens fairly often...

Glad to hear you found it...

I know of a guy that several years ago, found a Mercury Cyclone in a field and none of the previous owners could be located, so he had a dealer buddy file repossession papers on the car...

Reply #35
Around here all you have to do is get the vin, go the police station and have it checked to see if it was stolen. If it wasn't then you can get an abandonment title if the owners can't be located by trying to call them or go to the house on the most current registration.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #36
not looking good on getting it back
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #37
why's that? i'll probably be buried with my car
Currently Birdless but never Foxless

86 Mustang GT

Reply #38
Quote from: Dougy_Fresh;295116
why's that? i'll probably be buried with my car

wants my maverick and give 500 between  i dunno if ic ant take that kind of hit
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #39
mav PLUS $500?

i know the Torino has sentimental value, but that maverick looks nice and the torino looks a little rough
Currently Birdless but never Foxless

86 Mustang GT

Reply #40
how's the interior of the other car? You got a lot of time in the Mav, and the the outside of the other car is pretty rough looking.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #41
Quote from: Dougy_Fresh;295126
mav PLUS $500?

i know the Torino has sentimental value, but that maverick looks nice and the torino looks a little rough

500 on his end

he has about 2k worth of parts also
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #42
Sentiment aside, Torinos currently bring considerably more money than Mavericks. I am sure there are exceptions, but generally that's true. I would bet that will remain true for many years. If you get the Torino back, do you think a few hundred dollars now will matter 10 years from now? So, not only will it be worth more, the Torino will be YOUR car too. If you truly want YOUR car back, the only way you'll lose on the deal is if you end up selling it, again, in the future. It all hinges on if you'll keep the Torino or not. My $.02 worth.
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

Reply #43
I hope the $2k he invested is in sound shape somewhere in that car, because it sure wasn't put into the appearance. I'm all for All go and no show, but there comes a point, when it's your daily driver....
1983 Tbird with '03 Split Port V6 motor swap done! Headers, dual exhaust, 500CFM Edelbrock, 3G upgrade, Electric fan. 3.73 Gears and an FRPP Limited Slip. Five lug complete! 5-Speed conversion complete! Standalone Fuel Injection in progress...

Reply #44
Show him pictures of the car, take out money for mileage and parts that need to get fixed and then tell him good luck selling it. He'll call you in a week with a real price.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com