Skip to main content
Topic: Hey I got good gas mileage (Read 1341 times) previous topic - next topic

Hey I got good gas mileage

Reply #15
oh im gonna try to get to the 35 mpg mark in my sc. Right now im getting around 30 mpg.
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Reply #16
Quote from: bhazard;217302
Driving habits affect mpg the most, hands down. You cant get good mpg if youre on the gas a lot.

Actually, not really.  I've had some of my best fuel mileage runs happen even after several runs at the track.  I normally get 22-24mpg with a mix city/hwy, but 100% hwy, I've gotten 33mph.

Reply #17
Key word. After, not while you were racing down the track.
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles

Reply #18
Quote from: bhazard;217997
Key word. After, not while you were racing down the track.

Yeah, but I'm talkin about all that on the same tank of gas.  As in...drive to school and work all week (maybe a couple of stomps on the pedal in between), go to the track, then tank up and see mileage.  Funny thing, sometimes I'd try to stay off the gas all week and I'd get worse mileage than I did when I was messin around and running at the track.