before

after

I know I need to fix that rust

I hope my slicks dont grow

pegasus 88 drag bird

Reply #2
Quote from: Innes;216181
The gutting has stated

theres 1 panel in the back, the old fuel lines and the junk in the fenders wiper fluid tank ex  *not sure if on going to take the sway bar off or not and im keeping the doors untill I have money for lexan

pegasus 88 drag bird

Reply #3
What do you have under the hood and what times are you shooting for?
2000 Jaguar XK8 Convertible - 4.0L DOHC V8 (AJ27)
2018 Ford Explorer - 3.5L DOHC V6 (Duratec 35)
1999 Mercury Grand Marquis - 4.6L SOHC V8 (Modular)
1987 Mercury Cougar LS - 5.0L V8 (Windsor) [SOLD in 2009]

pegasus 88 drag bird

Reply #4
Does it have a cage?  Nice looking drag bird.  VIDEOS ARE A MUST WHEN SHE HITS THE TRACK!
84 TC 302 -5.0L/t5/7.5 locking rear and a 3.45 gear, Edelbrock Intake, Aluminum Heads, Edlebrock 65mm Throttlebody, Edlebrock Cam, 24lb injectors & MAS Air Sensor calibrated via chip,  BBK headers, Catback H pipe, Magnaflow lers :evilgrin:
:pics-stfu:

Project Thread with pics

pegasus 88 drag bird

Reply #5
Quote from: SSX;216231
What do you have under the hood and what times are you shooting for?

right now its going to have a 302 roller with a e cam 1.6 roller rockers gt40 heads and a 650 or a 700 holly carb im going to try both but im thinking the 700 will be a bit big.
I also have a c4 with a 3500 stall cov and a 9in out back with 4.56 gears. Since this is my first year im not looking for any big times im just learning 

but im saving my moneys to make a 351 stroked and twin turboed

Quote from: blu84302;216268
Does it have a cage?  Nice looking drag bird.  VIDEOS ARE A MUST WHEN SHE HITS THE TRACK!

no cage yet but it will as soon as I get 1500 up im going to http://www.rigidracecars.com/ to get my cage and subframe and a mini tub and torque box strengthened.

I plan in having 3 cams 1 in the bumper 1 in the cab 1 out side the you tube is going to be crazy

my motor ran 11s in a fox gt with 3.73

I have been bulding /buyying this car for 3 years thanks to a py job at kroger and a bitch girl friend. now I have a better job and a hotter girl friend thats bigger into cars then I am (its kinda scary) so this is the year im going to try for may 22TT at kill kare (before the cage)

pegasus 88 drag bird

Reply #6
Quote from: pegasus;216159
I hope my slicks dont grow

They will but the also get narrower as they grow.If thats a 28" tire you should be ok ive ran 28's for a while with no problems
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

pegasus 88 drag bird

Reply #7
Just wanted to give you this link to a great digital cam setup.

http://www.vholdr.com/

Check it out, the vids look really good to me!
84 TC 302 -5.0L/t5/7.5 locking rear and a 3.45 gear, Edelbrock Intake, Aluminum Heads, Edlebrock 65mm Throttlebody, Edlebrock Cam, 24lb injectors & MAS Air Sensor calibrated via chip,  BBK headers, Catback H pipe, Magnaflow lers :evilgrin:
:pics-stfu:

Project Thread with pics

pegasus 88 drag bird

Reply #8
update 10/21/08

the motor it in everything hooked up BUT my flex plate it to small ..so out it comes again....

pegasus 88 drag bird

Reply #9
:ttiwwp:
1986 Cougar LS

pegasus 88 drag bird

Reply #10
Quote from: DVP;239985
:ttiwwp:

right you are

pegasus 88 drag bird

Reply #11
looking good!!!
makes me think I might wanna use my mark I have now as a drag car, and have one drag and one DD...
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

pegasus 88 drag bird

Reply #12
I took about 250+ lbs out of the cougar and i thought i was gutting it for a drag car it looks good keep it up man.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

pegasus 88 drag bird

Reply #13
tonight = FIRE IT UP!!!

pegasus 88 drag bird

Reply #14
all i have left to do is tighten the fuel line, bolt in the starter and get the plug wires in