Skip to main content
Topic: The Ultimate Ontario Route! (Read 7660 times) previous topic - next topic

The Ultimate Ontario Route!

Reply #15
If I can get friday off from work, I'd meet up with you in the Buffalo/Niagara Falls area.
The Birdman wouldn't lie!

Reply #16
thatd be awesome not batman! hope u can get it off! i think we can be in Buffalo at around approx. 230..i hope we dont dogg it too much but its just an approximation still
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:birdsmily:

Reply #17
well we never had to make any stops for gas on our way down there the past two times, so I think there should be no need for a gas stop after crossing the border.

As for the speed limit, when me and Alex went down together we cruised at 140-150kms/h the whole way (HE was leading not me...  LOL), the next time I went down I was alone, and cruise with the traffic.  speeds were typically around 120-135kms/h.  If we do the speed limit we will be not only g of a bunch of people trying to get where they are going in a hurry, but it will also take forever to get there.

I will be cruising with the flow of traffic, so if the caravan isnt, then I will be pulling out and passing it.  Not trying to sound like a dick, but if I have a destination to get to I like to do just that....  get too it, not putter along and take my time.

Reply #18
even at cruising speeds, conservatively it will only take about 3.5 hours to get there once we cross the border. I've done that trip so many times I can do it with my eyes closed. My record time once was, from my house in Welland, to there, including crossing the border, 3 hours and 15 minutes.

Reply #19
The go with the flow traffic is around 75ish. don't remember what that is converted.
My average speed to just the other side of cleveland, when I go is usually 80-85. Puts me just under 3 hrs from buffalo. (In my van)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #20
Well, I am open to suggestions, and of course go with the flow, but that's illegal, so you didn't see me write that. ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Operation: X Marks the Spot
5.0L SEFI, AOD, 8.8" 3.02 TracLok - All Stock

Reply #21
Sometimes my flow is a little faster than others. And people still pass me like I'm standing still.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #22
I wasn't looking to turn this thread into a discussion about speeds ;)

I've never done a caravan before so I am still learning.  The caravan needs to be associated with the times so people know where and when to join us!  I am not talking about religiously staying at the speed limit, but the caravan can't go too fast... we'll be *going with the flow* but if you want to sail down to Youngstown at 200 kph, it's your car and your potential demerit points.  Join us if you can or pull out and pass us if you get bored.

In a nutshell, I am concerned about times and rendevouz points and will do my best to accomodate everyone. :)

We won't be driving down like a little old man in a hat out for a Sunday cruise but we won't be driving down like a bat out of hell either.

So, anybody still interested?? :hick:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #23
Sounds to me like we'll need some cell phone contact in case of a slow down or time change on friday.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #24
and maybe CB's in the cars is a good call to.

Reply #25
I'll pickup a handheld set If I need, would come in handy on my property too
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #26
I have a cell phone.  As we get closer and everything solidifies, I'll share it via PM's.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #27
not a good idea 2 use cellz...price will sky rocket!! wer from canada eh? walky talky it!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:birdsmily:

Reply #28
I have updated the route... Steps 7,8,9 have changed slightly.

They were:
7. Take exit 352 for RTE-427 S/HWY-427 S toward Q.E.W.
8. Merge onto HWY-427 South
9. Take the Q.E.W. exit toward Hamilton

They are now:
7. Take exit 344 for HWY-403 toward QEW/Hamilton.
8. Slight Left at HWY-403 West.
9. Take the QEW exit toward Hamilton.

Please let me know if this inconviences anyone.

Also, if anybody knows specific locations along this route, let me know so I can punch it into google.

As far as keeping in contact goes, I am entirely open to cost efficient solutions, but know that worst case scenario, I have a cell.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #29
Why did you decide to take the 403 instead of the 427?