Skip to main content
Topic: Great start for my week! (Read 2709 times) previous topic - next topic

Great start for my week!

I went to work Sunday evening to one of those miserable days that we all sometimes have. I clocked out at 2:45 am. 3:03 am, I get pulled over for one of the bulbs in the pass. tail light being burnt out. The cop ask for license,registration, & proof of insurance. This is where it get's good. After 10 min. of waiting, the cop comes back to my car & ask me to step out of the car. Now I have one putting me in handcuffs & one frisking every part of my body like a mad man! They inform me that my license are suspended & my insurance card is expired last week. So, they throw me in the cruiser & then decide to tear the hell out of the T-bird searching every inch of it. They call a wrecker, the bird get's hooked & impounded, I get a 12 mile ride in a cruiser at speeds over 100mph. to the W.V. northen regional jail. Spent all night & today in that dirty shiznit hole. They took $30 out of my wallet fo booking fees I got out on a $2500.00 bond ($250 through a bondsman). So, I get home today & my new insurance info in my mail box! I cant get through to anyon at the BMV to find out why my license are suspended & it's going to cost another $125 to bail my bird out. I worked 8.5 hrs. to make $100 & spent over $400 just to get back home. I go to court in 2 weeks, hopefully I can get this all figured out & dismissed in court. Sorry, I just needed to complain & figured you guy's would get a kick out of this.

Great start for my week!

Reply #1
wow.  It always sucks having to go to jail.  I hope things get better for you.
84 TC 302 -5.0L/t5/7.5 locking rear and a 3.45 gear, Edelbrock Intake, Aluminum Heads, Edlebrock 65mm Throttlebody, Edlebrock Cam, 24lb injectors & MAS Air Sensor calibrated via chip,  BBK headers, Catback H pipe, Magnaflow lers :evilgrin:
:pics-stfu:

Project Thread with pics

Great start for my week!

Reply #2
That really sucks man i got tons of light blubs laying around if you lived around here i would of proably just gave you whatever extras i got laying aorund.

Well i hope things get better for you and with it being only 1 week i thought they would give you a little slack or it would be nice.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Great start for my week!

Reply #3
Thanks man. I have extra bulbs, I just didn't know about it. What really get's me is the fact that only the middle bulb was out,not the whole tail light. The way I see it is The cops were bored, 3:00 am they figured they would get a DUI or drug bust, so they had to come up with some petty reason for stopping me. Also I work in W.V. , but live in Ohio, so the out of state license plate didn't help matters much. Basically I just took a :nannerbang: !!

Great start for my week!

Reply #4
Thats still no good that money could of been used for so many things for 86 T-Bird i am sorry man.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.

Great start for my week!

Reply #5
Quote from: Carpimp1987;215181
Thats still no good that money could of been used for so many things for 86 T-Bird i am sorry man.

Very true! The good thing is, theres a guy that I work with that lives 2 blocks away & he's on the same shift as me, so at least I'll be able to get to work & back until I get this all taken care of. It sucks to be without wheels. At this point I just want my bird out of impound & back in my driveway.

Great start for my week!

Reply #6
Ture its good to know people only way i can afford to get my 88 cougar XR7 project back on the road after being parked in 2003 with the old parts of my wrecked 87. All things normally work out in time i just hope you get your car back in your sight "driveway" soon.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Great start for my week!

Reply #7
Sorry for your troubles,but,I,for thw life of me,can not figure out how you couldn't know your liscence was suspended.That's not something that the DMV usually surprises someone with without them doing something wrong.You have to take care of business so these things don't happen.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Great start for my week!

Reply #8
Quote from: vinnietbird;215189
Sorry for your troubles,but,I,for thw life of me,can not figure out how you couldn't know your liscence was suspended.That's not something that the DMV usually surprises someone with without them doing something wrong.You have to take care of business so these things don't happen.

I've actually heard of it happening quite often in the USA, and for really weird reasons. I've read about it in car magazines and seen it a million times on "Cops". Quite often a child support payment bounced (or even just a processing error) or something totally unrelated to the DMV will cause it...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Great start for my week!

Reply #9
I've read tons of THESE types of posts, that's where I hear it from. Total bullshiznit. If people aren't supposed to be on the road TELL THEM you assbites.

I don't know how the cops around here are in terms of trigger-happiness for lights out and stuff but I REALLY need to start checking around my car every time I go for a drive. All my lights work fine now I know that (and I'm not doing less-than-reputable-stuff dont get me wrong) but it takes just a second and you avoid the hassle, every time I read one of these I get reminded I oughta start doing that.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Great start for my week!

Reply #10
Quote from: vinnietbird;215189

You Obviously have not lived and driven in Wisconsin.

There is a good 2.5 week back log in the DMV here.  I renewed my license on my birthday last year for another 8 years.  I get pulled over the next week and they say my license expired on my birthday.  I tell them " Ummm... if you look on the card, it says that I renewed my license on my birthday this year."  It doesnt matter, the officer said.  My computer is showing that its expired.  And then he slaps me with a Citation.  He was going to tow the bird, but I got someone to come pick me up and drive the bird home.  It was thrown out immediately in court.
88 TC, Lots of Mods.

Great start for my week!

Reply #11
Dude, that sucks.

I've had my run-ins with the cops, but never had my cat impounded.  **Knocks on wood**

Definitly let us know how this turns out!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Operation: X Marks the Spot
5.0L SEFI, AOD, 8.8" 3.02 TracLok - All Stock

Great start for my week!

Reply #12
Turns out that I had a hefty fine of $325 back in September. I paid $100 when I went to court, sent a money order for the remaining $225 a couple weeks later. Now the mayors court say they never received payment. So, I need to find my copy of the money order to show proof of payment or  pay it again. I moved since then so that could be the reason for not getting anything from the BMV. My license still have my old address on them. It will work out eventually. It's just all about $$$$.

Great start for my week!

Reply #13
i cannot understand how you were locked up for having just a suspended license and no insurance? if the same happened to me id have pages worth of criminal records(i dont btw:P)

boot and tow worthy, yes
heavy fines and courtdates, yes
getting thrown in jail while being completely cooperative, huh
ohio cant be that different with its laws, right?

there has to be more to this than what im reading.

i know, i know, im one to talk but since some of the others that thrive on these threads havent chimed in yet i thought id have to ask, since im coming from the same situation, sorta;)
"Beating the hell out of other peoples cars since 1999"
1983 Ford Thunderbird Heritage
1984 Ford Mustang GT Turbo Convertible
2015 Ford Focus SE 1.0 EcoBoost

Great start for my week!

Reply #14
Quote from: dw43935;215234
Turns out that I had a hefty fine of $325 back in September. I paid $100 when I went to court, sent a money order for the remaining $225 a couple weeks later. Now the mayors court say they never received payment. So, I need to find my copy of the money order to show proof of payment or  pay it again. I moved since then so that could be the reason for not getting anything from the BMV. My license still have my old address on them. It will work out eventually. It's just all about $$$$.

Without proof of receipt (certified mail) you have no proof and will need to pay again. You can get a replacement USPS MO for $5.

I was riding with a friend a few years ago that got stopped for speeding. LEO said her license was suspended and hauled her off to jail. Turns out the the suspension wasn't properly executed and the LEO shouldn't have arrested her given the info on her background check. He got fired, she got a letter of apology from the AL DMV and >$10k. Not too shabby.