Skip to main content
Topic: Food for thought (Read 1631 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Food for thought

Reply #2
I just thought the discussion was interesting to say the least.  I like vinyl and cloth tops if done tastefully.  More of a luxury look than sporty.  I really don't get why they cracked on the Blue Max though....
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #3
That dude is a major player on those boards, and he has this uncanny knack to find images from websites. Some of them are absolutely hilarious. Where in the world he finds some of that stuff is mind boggling. Taken in context, what he brought up about the Cougars with those roofs is more of an observation and not really cracking on them. The original Blue Max, though....silver paint on the bottom with a chrome, ugly luggage rack, no emblems, striping, etc. It wasn't a very special package. Maybe that's what his point was. I took no real offense given that I'd seen his postings before.

But I think a few other people brought up more valid points, in that dealerships will slap anything on a car to make it "special". The 300C photo was a perfect example. The more dealerships keep doing this , the more those cars will stick in people's minds as old-person cars. It has to stop at the dealer level, period. If new owners want to junk up their cars, there are plenty of restyling shops that are more than happy to take their money and do so. In our cases, the 1988 Blue Max was one of the most tasteful packages ever offered on a Cougar. We were lucky...some of the later cars weren't as well-off.

Reply #4
Omg I read the whole thread on the first link!  Well I like the cougar rendering. 

The grill needs to be flatter though.

A perfect example of useless options is my Own Special Edition.
Lower body stripes and three badges.  :headbang:
One 88

Reply #5
and not on a audi or nissan chassi
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #6
I kinda like the cloth and vinyl tops on some cars, but they will rust the roof horribly. 

Let's go march on Detroit!!!
*starts making signs* 
Then if that doesn't work on the first day: we go inside Ford, find out who approved kiling the MN-12's without a replacement, and who was responsible for the "New Edge Cougar", and the "New Thunderbird"; and we beat them horribly!  Then we find out who's preventing the Mustang from getting a 3-6" stretch and some new body panels to become a Cougar, we beat them and then forge their signature to sign off on the idea.

Who's with me?!?!

Reply #7
eric
ive often wondered how many other car message boards out there have spoken of coolcats?

you've created a monster,, wonder if there will ever be a coolcats 10 year anny?

time will tell but from the site you have built,, i can only say thanks. :bowdown:

Reply #8
I see references to Coolcats ALL over the place.  Basically every message board I've scrolled through that has an interest in the Ford 5.0 has Coolcats listed.  The biggest reference semms to be the SO to HO upgrade
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!