Skip to main content
Topic: Sad sad sight... (Read 5000 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Sad sad sight...

Reply #1
ya i know and it even had a rare skirt kit,that guy's an f'in idiot.

Reply #2
That guy has been selling TC parts for awhile. I think he's got a junkyard or something, because he has sold several rear ends, several engine/trannys, etc. He seems to specialize in TC parts, which to me would make him the opposite of an idiot. Most syards just crush their fox T-Birds and Cougars.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #4
$75 buy it now? That's awesome for the hood, header panel, spoiler, and skirts.

*edit*
nm, it's just for the hood. Still, decent price.

Reply #5
yeah, that sure is sad sight,... all alone, cold nights, no food no water...poor bird....:-(

Reply #6
Jesus... how do all of you know it doesn't have rust in the subframes or it isn't damaged beyond repair.  Granted these cars are getting harder and harder to find, but on ebay last week there were SEVENTEEN fox birds for sale.  Some of them HAVE to be parted out so we can keep driving our own cars seeing as how there is no source for a lot of the parts.

Reply #7
i think it looks sweet gutted like that. it would make a delightfull lawn ornament...lol
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #8
I rescued my cougar from the s yard, It was lonely very lonely it cried out "plz take me home!"  So I did and we are best friends now.

Aside from my ranting.  There are a few fancy foxes at my local goldmine that I wouldn't have ever junked.  Most notably a full option 84 elan.  And three turbo coupes.  I've started to buy all the parts I can afford just to keep them from getting crushed.
One 88

Reply #9
I just saved a 85 t bird from a life of rusting away in a drive way.
The 500 bucks i pent to save this poor lost bird was well spent.
It helps i sold the 5L and AOD tranny for 500 to a buddy.

One Kat dies so another Bird can fly free

Reply #10
Quote from: Ifixyawata
Jesus... how do all of you know it doesn't have rust in the subframes or it isn't damaged beyond repair.

If its a original Arizona car, there won't be enough rust in it to cover a dime...

Here on the VA east coast I've only seen(owned)two rusty Birds... One junker from Michigan and another from Pennsylvania with minor rust...

Reply #11
No i've seen this guy for the last 3 months or so posting parts from this bird.
He bought it at an auction and it was pretty nice before he started parting it(needed a little tlc) he just didn't want it and wanted to make money on parting it,he even stated  in his previous auctions that he would not sell the hole car and only wants army vehicles and trucks.
He does not have a bird wrecker and is not at all interested in the preservation of these cars or fox bodies,just the money he can make, so yes he is an idiot.
He's on of those hicks you hear about that lives out in the desert on his own and drives beat up 4x4 ary surplus vehicles.
kind of like the cousins on natioal lampoons summer vaction to wally world. :giggle:

Reply #12
He only had one? How did he get all of those disc-brake 8.8" rear ends then? I've seen him sell about a dozen of 'em, and he would even offer your coice of disc or drum, 7.5 or 8.8", etc... At least I think it's the same seller...

Regardless, as much as we all hate to see a 'Bird or Coug die, if they didn't die we'd have no parts to keep ours on the road. What seems like a nice car to us is only an obscure 80's beater to most others (Don't believe me? Try selling your car for what YOU think it's worth), and what we in the north see as a "mint" car would be a run-of-the-mill worn out junker in the southwest. People throw cars away down there for having faded paint, while up here we hang onto 'em until long after they should've been taken off the road due to rust.

It works both ways. Most of us wouldn't look twice at a second-generation Prelude, but I know a guy (a co-worker) who drools over them. When I was looking for info on my Dakota I found a messageboard much like this one with members who loved their trucks every bit as much as we love our cars (how, I'll never know - think a 3.8 'Bird is bad? Try on a 3.9/auto/4WD Dakota. 0-60 is only possible downhill). Lotsa people like Cherokees, there are J-Body websites galore, and if you need more proof, consider these two words: Street Kiaz. There is actually a messageboard devoted to Kias. 'nuff said.

The only thing that makes me mad about seeing T-Birds being parted out is that they are never close enough to me to buy parts off 'em. Our local junk yards crush anything older than 10 years.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #13
ThunderChicken said it best.  We ALL need parts for our car... are you willing to give yours up for parts?  It's not such a big deal if one bird has to die off if it helps 4 or 5 other bird owners get thier cars in better shape. This guy is far from an idiot.  He's making all the parts available to us  enthusiasts, not keeping it all intact in hopes of a better yield for s metal.  Pictures can't show you what damage the car's endured either, even if there's no rust, there could be other things.  Maybe it was involved in an accident and is full of Bondo... who knows?  I tore my old Cougar apart when I realized it was too far gone.  The car was probably a one of a kind.  I know I'll never find another one like it and it would be a huge undertaking to try to MAKE one like it.  I, nor anyone else on this board, I bet, had seen the wierd combo of options this car had, but there was absolutely no point in putting more money into it, so I took it apart and got most of the good stuff out of it, which wasn't much.

/Rant

Reply #14
Quote from: Thunder Chicken
What seems like a nice car to us is only an obscure 80's beater to most others (Don't believe me? Try selling your car for what YOU think it's worth

Yea I'm so "buried" in my Bird, I'll probably have to use it as a coffin one day. :hick: Seriously, there ain't much interest in these Birds, I'd be lucky to get $3000, but I wouldn't sell it for twice that much..

Also remember, I just bought a '88 5.0 Bird that has fresh engine and tranny, TC front brakes and rear end, along with a bunch of go fast mods.. Has over $7000 in receipts, my cost??? $1700...