Skip to main content
Topic: 408 stroker project (Sold 4/2020) (Read 110701 times) previous topic - next topic

408 stroker project (For Sale 5/2018)

Reply #180
Thank god! I thought I was gonna loss another good read. I was beating my head on the wall reading the last couple pages. I always miss these builds and have to read like 10 to 20 pages to catch up. It always happens, I get to the end and they sale the car, give up, or leave the site over drama. Thank you for not giving up. :bowdown:
88 Cougar LS 5.0 .030 over, ported E7s with GT40 valves & trickflow springs, Proform roller rockers, HO cam, removed air silencer, K&N filter, smog pump delete, 2.25" dual flowmasters, Pacestter H-pipe & headers, HO computer, 65mm TB, Explorer intake, 19# injecters, 3.45s, rebuilt posi, and TCI shift kit.

Reply #181
I'm still here, been working out some issues with it.  I have some plans for the next couple of weeks so it should be a happy 2011.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #182
:banana:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #183
Than it's going to Jerry's house to get striped,rust removed, primed, and painted :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #184
sounds good to me
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #185
By the time I'm ready you'll be done with your two and bored :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #186
just scrolled through your first page.. you're on SBFtech, aren't you? jay allen/camshaft innovations is all over that forum along with fordstrokers.com.. great choice in cam.. my next stroker's cam is coming from jay

Reply #187
Quote from: Bob;345715

I'm always looking for a good winter project..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #188
Quote from: Bob;345715

I'm always looking for a good winter project..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #189
dont worry bob... i've been working on mine for 6 years, i still got the roller rockers you gave me lol... i s'd whole car and started over on another one, and im in the middle of doing a 331 with my t56 and cobra irs. takes time, but its worth it in the end. just remember how much fun your black car was before the engine desided it wanted to be 2 4-cylinders instead of a v-8 lol... sometimes i just sit in the car and pretend to drive and remember how bad ass my white car was, always gets me motivated. besides that cougar is destined to be bad ass, remember bill beating that guy with the 3rd gen camaro at atco, and he was so pissed a old ass cougar beat him he left without even getting his time slip lol?

Reply #190
LOL!! that's right!!! I forgot about that!!!!
Duckin' agents like we was trapped in da matrix!

Reply #191
Quote from: Nate;346102
dont worry bob... i've been working on mine for 6 years, i still got the roller rockers you gave me lol... i s'd whole car and started over on another one, and im in the middle of doing a 331 with my t56 and cobra irs. takes time, but its worth it in the end. just remember how much fun your black car was before the engine desided it wanted to be 2 4-cylinders instead of a v-8 lol... sometimes i just sit in the car and pretend to drive and remember how bad ass my white car was, always gets me motivated. besides that cougar is destined to be bad ass, remember bill beating that guy with the 3rd gen camaro at atco, and he was so pissed a old ass cougar beat him he left without even getting his time slip lol?

glad to hear your project is coming along Nate. LOL I've sat in the driver seat listening to some music and doing a little shifting.. :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #192
I got some work done mostly odds and ends (swaybar end links installed, replaced leaking ps pump).  After talking to some people about my problem, Mark suggested that I clean the chip contacts on the EEC.  I did find the contacts on the EEC where the chip connects were really dirty.  So what I'm hoping is the settings on the chip never made it to the EEC.  I went through about 3 erasers cleaning them up,  I have a good connection now with the diablosport chip and the port.  I put oil in it last night.  Just have to gas it up, prime the oil pump, and fire her up.  I'll post a video this weekend of it running if I get some time to fire it up.  Keeping my fingers crossed that the tailpipes have no black :beatyoass: smoke LOL

If it still runs rich :punchballs: I'm going to try another meter.  I'm looking into one of those abaco dbx97. 

Here's some updated pics:

X

X
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #193
Your car is looking great and will be a lot of fun to drive.  That engine will definitely be a conversion piece in that car too.  If car is still running rich / missing, make sure you have the Left and Right O2 sensors connected to the correct harness connectors.  I had the left and right reversed on my engine swap and it drove me nuts for quite a while.
1988 Thunderbird
306 HO w/ A9P processor
AOD w/ Transgo Reprogrammer
Full Digital Dash w/ twin Cyberdyne A-pillar gauges 
245/50/16 Tires on Snowflakes
Engine swap - CA smog compliant

Reply #194
This thing was running pig rich to where there was tons of black smoke and poping in the exhaust, after about ten minutes of running it would just foul out the plugs and die.  When I open up the throttle and get some rpms it smooths out and sounds strong as hell near WOT. The current theory about the meter and injectors not working right makes sense cause if the EEC is pulsing the injectors for 19# and really dumping 42# than that would explain the rich condition.  I can't wait to run it this weekend and see where I'm at.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]