Skip to main content
Topic: Blacked out my tail light (Read 4077 times) previous topic - next topic

Blacked out my tail light

I blacked out my left side tail light-Please let me know what you guys think. I took the light apart and used  VHT nite shades-I sprayed the inside of the outer lens. I used a very light coat to make it look like this.

Reply #1
looks awesome, nice plate too haha
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #2
looks very good what kind of tint did you use one of my were craked so got used ones for free want to do mine in the spring

Reply #3
I like it a lot, but I would want to make sure the lights showed through AT LEAST as good as new.

Reply #5
he said he used VHT nite shades
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #6
Pretty cool stuff.I may try that stuff on a seperate set of lights.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #7
Im DEF doing the tail lights, and rear side lights on my car with it! Might even throw a light coat on the front lights.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #8
So,does the "Night Shades" let the light shine through as it should?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #9
any tint will reduce light output. if you cant see in, the light cant get out.

one coat of nightshade is generally less tint than a set of GTS covers.
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

Reply #10
I had wanted to use niteshades on my taillights (just a real light coat), but I tested it on a spare headlight first and I'm glad I did. I couldn't get it to go on a clear surface without being all splotchy, and once it's on it really doesn't like to come off.

I ended up just blacking out the reflectors and the chrome birds, and it actually looks pretty good just like that.

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

Reply #11
anybody know of a place close to the border that sells that stuff?

Reply #12
Quote from: 1WLD BRD;211150
anybody know of a place close to the border that sells that stuff?

Have someone send you a coupla cans of it...?
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #13
Buy it from Summit or Jegs,or wherever,have it sent to me,then I'll mail it to you for the actual shipping.

Reply #14
OK guys I just got home 930 PM-and I took a pic of the tail lights. I did not take pics of the brake lights because I realized after the first pic the car battery couldn't even crank the car it was so dead. I will try to take pics in the day light and with a good battery. Remember the left side is tinted.