Skip to main content
Topic: New and Need Help (Read 2007 times) previous topic - next topic

New and Need Help

I have a 1986 Ford Thunderbird Turbo Coupe and me and my dad have looked every where but have had no luck in finding the Grount Effects for it. The Current ones on it now are shot to hell. If any one has any Information on Ground effects for My car your help would be greatly Appreciated.

Re: New and Need Help

Reply #1
best place to post this would be body and appearance catagory.
im sure many on here have advice including some who have modified mustang gfx kits.

Reply #2
I always thought it would be slick to switch out your header and bumper for one off of a 87 or 88 cougar/tbird. I have heard that you have to switch out fenders to make all the lines match, but they look the exact same to me. That would, at the least, give you the front valerance and side skirts. Then all that you would need to find would be the bumper. It does not look like the back will line up at all. I think that 87-88 cars had alot more over hang as well.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #3
these are the two I know about, and I don't even know if they still make the kits

GSTfx  http://www.sleepyvalley.com/carkt.html

MCK Plastics - Kobel Brand

MCK Plastics Inc
Po Box 200849
San Antonio, TX 78220
Local area (210) 661-0007
Toll Free 800-685-6235
Email: mck@txdirect.net

Reply #4
maybe aimee will post a pic of an 86 down cougar with the 87/88 header and bumper.
looks good.,,,oopss.. kind of off topic from gfx,,sorry

Reply #5
Here's a picture of a 83 TurboCoupe with a 87-88 front clip.

It looks like he used the whole front clip too.

20006 Ford Fusion SE

Reply #6
I never really took a good picture of the car to show off, Too late now,,I sold the car about 3 mos back :(

1987 cougar XR7 347 stroker FRP BOSS block 328rwhp 10.89 1/4mile @126mph ..so far..

2005 F150 5.4 vortec supercharged @15psi water methenol injected 450rwhp 14.0@98mph on 22's