Skip to main content
Topic: Where to buy TV cable grommet? (Read 1241 times) previous topic - next topic

Where to buy TV cable grommet?

Mine broke at the throttle arm. My local Ford dealer doesn't have any, and Rockauto isn't clear about whether it's for a rod type or cable type linkage. What should I buy and from where?

Thanks!

Reply #1
I've always got them from the Ford dealer. :burnout:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #3
http://www.50resto.com for buying one.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #4
I'll mail you one for free.If it's that hard for you to find.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #5
I just got them from the ford dealer,they were even in stock.

Reply #6
I got an extra one too, if you can't find one i"ll mail it to you
88 sport,TW heads, comp xe270hr, cobra u/Tmoss ported lower, 65 mm throttle body, under drives,smog delete,
1.7 roller rockers, cai, k&n, bbk adj regulator, 76mm Pro-m,all MSD ign. MSD dist,18° base timing, 3g alt.1 5/8 ceramic headers, 255lph walbro, 2.5" h-pipe, flowmasters, silverfox valvebody, 3.73 gear,
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc154/flipnbird/DSCF0185.jpg ( RIP : ( )

Reply #7
Yeah I guess my local dealer doesn't feel like keeping them in stock. Says I have to buy a whole assembly or something. Went outside, grabbed 2 washers and a c-clip and assembled them onto the cable where the grommet is supposed to go. Works fine, and isn't going to let go anytime soon, not until the throttle arm wears through the cheap plastic cable end anyway...

Now that the part number was provided to me via that link to coolcats, I'll call a few more dealers and see if they got 'em. If not, I'll take those offers that were made to mail me some...thank you by the way. :cheers:

Reply #8
When I used that part number at the dealer,I had to buy a 5 pack, thats why I have extras.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +