Skip to main content
Topic: 87 Thunderchicken Running Rich HELP.. (Read 1656 times) previous topic - next topic

87 Thunderchicken Running Rich HELP..

Reply #15
ok see this is where me being new come's in to play lol the o2's are on the manifolds i thought they were like GM on the cross over pipe thats why i said no but i will go out in the snow right now and check these things brb.As far as disconecting the TV cable if you mean kickdown cable yes it is gone cause i went with a after market B&M shifter.

Reply #16
First off let me start by saying WOW WOW WOW this site rocks.I followed what everyone said starting with vaspoogee lines connected any that were not connected.Started the car still no go running rich and not idleing.So i tapped on the fuel reg and looked for the map sensor to check plug well i found it and what do i find????A vac line not connected to the map so i hook it up start the bird and she purrs again no smoke idle's on her own smooth as a "BABY'S BUTT".So thank you to everyone that help i'm hooked to this site now TY:burnout:

Reply #17
Quote from: R4WTHUND3R;204730
First off let me start by saying WOW WOW WOW this site rocks.I followed what everyone said starting with vaspoogee lines connected any that were not connected.Started the car still no go running rich and not idleing.So i tapped on the fuel reg and looked for the map sensor to check plug well i found it and what do i find????A vac line not connected to the map so i hook it up start the bird and she purrs again no smoke idle's on her own smooth as a "BABY'S BUTT".So thank you to everyone that help i'm hooked to this site now TY:burnout:

:D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #18
Let's start at the beginning.  Read these:

http://www.coolcats.net/
http://www.coolcats.net/fox/1987.html
http://sbftech.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=73470ad851831c88b4fca17f456f0aa3&topic=119.0

Your motor SHOULD resemble this if EFI.....You most likely don't have the MAF though;)
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #19
if I would have read this I would of told ya after the first post...
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #20
Well,we really do rock.You're lucky you found this place.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..