Skip to main content
Topic: NASCAR fans (Read 4562 times) previous topic - next topic

NASCAR fans

Who’s watching the Daytona 500.
heres a cool keeper for yous to hold on to I send this link out every year for friends for my party.
http://www.sunlink.org/images/testtime.html

NASCAR fans

Reply #1
To HELL with Nascar.  This week marked the end of a nice period on Speed Network without hours upon hours of Nascar.

I'm taking a liking to off-road 4X4 racing.

Sorry Bill, there's just no diversity in Nascar IMHO.  The cars are all the same and innovation is frowned upon unless it's an advertisp00get logo.

SCCA, Formula One, and 4X4 Off-road for me please....
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

NASCAR fans

Reply #2
heh, sorry if you dont like spec racing.  oh i guess you absolutely DESPISE the spec miata series.  i mean GOSH no inovation there!  if scca or off road championships could get the publicity they'd get more air time.  nascar is money.  nascar owns that much of fox that they get their own channel.  be glad they took notes from speedvision.  i would BET there are more people racing spec stock cars around the nation than the entire active drivers of SCCA.

I dont get why people say the hell with nascar and such.  if there wasnt nascar, which is so huge, we wouldnt have anything in america.  F1 doesnt come here.  SCCA is the only good racing which includes the formula daytona rolex series cars.  what else?  nothing, cart is dead, irl is dead. nascar is the best racing on tv.  the coverage is great THANKS to speed.

but everyone has opinions, my 2 cents.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:america: An American Restoration. :birdsmily:
1987 Ford Thunderbird Sport (resting)
1993 Mazda Miata 1.6l (daily driver)

NASCAR fans

Reply #3
oh i guess you absolutely DESPISE the spec miata series

Did I say that?  No innovation in it, BUT it hasn't wd itself out to advertisers either.  Spec Miata is also meant to be affordable to regular folks. 

Millions upon Millions are spent on each Nascar team each year....There was a time that the money spent on those teams got was put towards something that gave an edge and was later addopted by others thus furthering the advancement of racing.  Some of those innovations trickled down into mainstream vehicles that Joe Public bought.

the coverage is great THANKS to speed.

And how many EXTRA hours of previews and Re-views and armchair quarterbacking must I endure in between each Nascar race on the Speed Network?  Enough is enough.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

NASCAR fans

Reply #4
NASCAR used to be fun,(watched every race in '85 when the contry bumpkins from GA kicked the big boys ass on the superspeedways) but now days its all the same ole same ole... Gotta keep the cars equal, make the sponsors happy, bla, bla...

Yes I'll prob watch most of it, but then I have a bad cold, so am more or less a captive audience... Once the season gets rolling, I'll prob check about Wed to see who won the last race...

NASCAR fans

Reply #5
going snowmobiling. more fun.--irv

NASCAR fans

Reply #6
I used to watch it religiously. I even went down to the pool hall in Dawsonville, GA to get an official souvenir when Bill Elliott won the championship for Ford in his '88 Bird. Then I even bought an '88 Bird (had to buy an LX, couldn't afford a TC at the time with two babies in the house). Now, it's just not as much fun. There are only a few Fords in it, so the odds are against us. They let Toyota in, which was the first strike, then they went to the Car Of Tomorrow, which was the second strike, then Little E went to Hendricks, which was the 3rd strike. I will watch Daytona because I have had a huge 500 party for about the last 15 years, but after that, I'm with TurboCoupe50, I'll check the results around mid-week. I'll spend Sundays in my shop working on my Fords instead of watching someone else racing their cookie cutter cars.
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

NASCAR fans

Reply #7
I'll try and keep up but not verry hard. I'll normaly have something better to do. I was a big fan back in the days of Richard Petty, Bobby, and Davy Allison, Alan Kulwicki, And a big fan of Ernie Ervin. But all those guys are gone. Mark Martin was the last of the drivers I liked, and he's mostly retired now. Oh well.

NASCAR fans

Reply #8
Wow, rough cowd.....

NASCAR fans

Reply #9
I agree with a lot of the above posts.Nascar isn't as "fun" as it used to be.Pretty guys driving,for the most part,the same cars.I too remember seeing the old Chargers,Monte Carlos,etc. tear up the tracks.real racing when it was about the driver and his car,not the sponsor's logos all over the car.I think the spirit of Nascar has been sold out.Too bad.I'll end up watching a re-run of some movie and start resoring a set of taillights.There's probably more excitement in the tailights than the Daytona 500..
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

NASCAR fans

Reply #10
+1.  I used to watch religiously, then lost interest a bit, then started playing yahoo fantasy auto racing.  I finished in the top about 5 years ago.  Then everything kinda went down from there.  I don't follow it as much anymore, but I still keep tabs on it.  After football season, I find myself behind on weekend to-do's, and use the nascar season to get caught up again.
1987 TC

NASCAR fans

Reply #11
I think all sports are the same in the professional level including motorsports. In this level of professional driving it’s very rare to see any driver get dirty other than john force my man always looks like he’s into his work. Think of the driver like the quarterback I’m sure the team owner wouldn’t appreciate it if there drive was turning a wrench no matter what sanction.
Why is NASCAR popular, ill tell you there constantly trying to make the sport better. Every year it’s something different for the FANS because yes it’s a spectator sport. The dayton500 is the big picture you want to do what they do, do you love the ROOTS of stockcar racing go to you local circle track find a class the you enjoy.
As for the car of tomorrow I admit I hated it at first but now that I’m learning more it was essential to what they do. Safety being first then anyone here that ever raced looking for an edge OK lets call it cheating every racer does it. These cars are stockcars there not exactly arro-friendlly this equalizes the field. Yea I now equal shemequle but you give me a race sanction anywhere in the world that any of the starting 43 can win that’s why it’s the biggest spectator sport maybe it don’t please everyone. But if football was still played w/leather helmets and they got paid nothing it might be better.
As for Toyota I’m kind of bent over it but you know what other than the name it is made here more then some American cars but I know its still not American. #2 I’m a little mad at our big 3 there sitting on there morels to long now this is great for hot-rodders I hope Toyota spanks them and WAKES them up. Toyota is giving all kinds of help I don’t see ford or chevy doing that. Na they will win nothing will happen

NASCAR fans

Reply #12
Anyway good race,
All along worried about Toyota and dodge wiped but. Toyota 2nd best and 1 Ford and 1 Chevy in the top ten

NASCAR fans

Reply #13
Penske 1-2 Baby!

20006 Ford Fusion SE

NASCAR fans

Reply #14
Quote from: Blck85TBirdV8;204824
Penske 1-2 Baby!

gotta admit I didn’t see that coming