Skip to main content
Topic: would u fix it? (Read 6279 times) previous topic - next topic

would u fix it?

Reply #45
Did you get pics of underneath?
Is the inside of your trunk crimpled anywhere?
you may be able to take some measurements under there also
may also be able to put a straight edge along the frame front to back to see if it is out
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

would u fix it?

Reply #46
the pasenger side door opens up and closes fine. i look and did not see any thing rong with fram
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
88 5.0L aod with duel flowmaster and speedo mod
88 5.0L H.O with 5 speed R.I.P
87 3.8L no trans. geting h.o and 5speed (project never ending thunder) started it as of 8-14-10
96 bronco xl 5.0L 5 speed man4x4
:birdsmily:

would u fix it?

Reply #47
well...that WAS one of my favorite cars on here. i cant belive you wrecket it. thats a wrightoff man. i would be looking for another clean body.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

would u fix it?

Reply #48
under it. it just pushed in to the exhaust and in the the tank just a bit.
i got pics of the trunk and puting them on next post
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
87 3.8L no trans. geting h.o and 5speed (project never ending thunder) started it as of 8-14-10

would u fix it?

Reply #49
cool, lets see
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

would u fix it?

Reply #50

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

would u fix it?

Reply #51
im thinking thing about parting it out i just dont have the room to do it so i need to sell the hole car
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

would u fix it?

Reply #52
how much? feel free to pm me ;)
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

would u fix it?

Reply #53
right now i might be geting it fixed. a guy me and my dad work with has a bodyshop on the side and said he might be able to do it so it will be cheaper than anyone els and i will be able to help with it and learn how to do it and drop the cost doing some of the work my self. i can do all the welding that it needs so that will drop the cost a lot. and him being a friend will let me help with it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

would u fix it?

Reply #54
cool dude good luck. i hope you pull it off.
louie  :birdsmily:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]       
My famous last words:
It seemed like a good idea at the time.        88TC R.I.P.      88 Sport build in progress

would u fix it?

Reply #55
Give us some pics while your repairing it
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

would u fix it?

Reply #56
I liked seeing that car myself as well. I can totally understand the sentimental value. The only thing that would keep me from not selling it is if the frame was bent. Hope all goes well.

Irs?

Reply #57
Quote from: daminc;204783
Give us some pics while your repairing it

+1

Now, if you're not in a hurry to get it back on the road, would be the time for a subframe-up rebuild (like Overhaulin' but not Pimp My Ride)

Fully weld those seams, SFCs, remove all rust, soundproofing, etc etc.

I *hate* computers correcting my "mistakes."  That's "I R S", not "Irs".
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

would u fix it?

Reply #58
Sorry man but that frame is bent bad.
Look at the rear cross brace in your picture.
That brace is for structural support and it's bent pretty good.
Also your trunk shifted because the framework that holds the supports is bent to hell.
The creasing on the pass 1/4 also confirms that the whole rear end of the car is shifted over a few inches.
Like said a few previous posts ago(anything is fixable depending on how deep your pockets are)but you can pick up another car in nice shape with low miles for what it would cost to fix that.
My condolences on your ride, may she R.I.P..

would u fix it?

Reply #59
that whole axle has to be shifted over to the pass side some.  and you know whats attached to the axle.

theres just so much darn interior bends to be taken care of first before you could even start to place donor exterior skin on. man thats a hard one but its your choice.

I vote common sense and carry a ton of her parts over to another car, perhaps even the motor.

If you carry over a ton of parts including the tranny and motor, then she never died, just got a nice make over.  The heartbeat of your car is the pieces parts inside and and under the hood.  Give her a face lift on another car with a blown motor / tranny.

that way your not losing your baby.