Skip to main content
Topic: Went to R&S Junk Yard today 56k = blah (Read 2643 times) previous topic - next topic

Went to R&S Junk Yard today 56k = blah

I went up to R&S in Moffett, Oklahoma today looking for a new power antenna for my Mark and a few other small items, and they have more Birds and Cougars than I remembered. :hick: So I snapped some pics with the camera phone. They have about 5 Mark VIIs, but only one isn't completely stripped. There's also a bunch of Fairmonts, Zephyrs, Granadas, LTDs, Marquis, and Continentals.

Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)

Reply #1
Wow Ive never seen so many fairmonts/zephs in one spot. Usually theyre all cubed...

Such a sad sight.
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles

Reply #2
Oh my goshness!
One 88

Reply #3
You are an evil, evil !

There are 3 Box Cougars that look to have good hoods and trunks....which I NEED.  Why, oh why must they be in Oklahoma!?!?!??!?
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

Reply #4
I cant find an 83-86 anywhere! i need a fender and the last time i found on it was a black 86 GS.... walked around and half the fender was rusted the other half was gone from the rust. Just one with a good fender is all i ask! You have 3 in one 'yard!
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #5
I like in the last pic you see a first gen RX-7 peeking from around a blue cougar.

Reply #6
We need to organize some sort of cross country parts transport
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #7
Well I could cover one leg of that transport.  That is if the procuring of the parts could be handled in OK.  Who knows, they may want too much for the parts they have.

Reply #8
groovy

Reply #9
Had I known, I woulda asked ya to look at the Granadas for 5 lug wheels and 9 inch rears.  Wow, to say the least.
1987 TC

Reply #10
I have to say this is the best junk yard I have ever been to as far as selection. These aren't even all of the foxes, I know there's a 87-88 Thunderbird in there as well as a 83 Heritage. There's also some more Cougars and LTDs I didn't get to. There were also quite a few more Mustangs. It's crazy how stuff hardly rusts out here, there's stuff back to the 50s in this bone yard.

Originally posted by Chuck:
Who knows, they may want too much for the parts they have.

From what I've bought their prices are about average.

I can store the parts, but I have no way to transport them. Our cars consist of my Mark, a Mustang convertible and a Dodge D-50 with a blown head gasket :hick:
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

Reply #11
Originally posted by Havi:
I woulda asked ya to look at the Granadas for 5 lug wheels and 9 inch rears

I saw probably 4 or 5 Granadas and Monarchs in there, but I wasn't paying attention to the rear ends.
Matt

Reply #12
Quote from: 5.0 bird;202118
I have to say this is the best junk yard I have ever been to as far as selection. These aren't even all of the foxes, I know there's a 87-88 Thunderbird in there as well as a 83 Heritage. There's also some more Cougars and LTDs I didn't get to. There were also quite a few more Mustangs. It's crazy how stuff hardly rusts out here, there's stuff back to the 50s in this bone yard.

From what I've bought their prices are about average.

I can store the parts, but I have no way to transport them. Our cars consist of my Mark, a Mustang convertible and a Dodge D-50 with a blown head gasket :hick:

Well perhaps something could be coordinated.  I know I could get parts from say St. Louis to Indy with a little coordination.  The parts I'm looking for are body parts, so obviously a truck would need to be involved.

Are you up for doing a little checking on prices and perhaps grabbing a few items?  I don't want to open this up to totally overload you, but just checking to see what's possible.

Reply #13
Wow. That '87-'88 Cougar in the last picture looks to have a factory moonroof.

That exercise bike looks to be pretty rare, too. It has the optional pulse monitor and rally fun pack.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #14
Quote from: Chuck W;202128
Well perhaps something could be coordinated.  I know I could get parts from say St. Louis to Indy with a little coordination.  The parts I'm looking for are body parts, so obviously a truck would need to be involved.

Are you up for doing a little checking on prices and perhaps grabbing a few items?  I don't want to open this up to totally overload you, but just checking to see what's possible.

Well I know it would help to have their phone number, so here's that.
(918) 875-3770. It may even be possible that they can handle mail orders, but I'm not sure.

I'm at work and school a lot, but if I'm making a trip out there I can definitely let you guys know I'm going and I can pick up some smaller parts and such. Then I could show the receipt/parts and ya'll could send a MO and I'll ship the parts? While I'm there I can get prices on the larger stuff like body parts.
Matt