Skip to main content
Topic: snow cars (Read 2926 times) previous topic - next topic

snow cars

Reply #30
Quote from: Haystack;201490
it rains salt here.

-so thats where all the salt goes.  we use it to season our food here..:hick: but seriously, like 2-3 weeks ago when it DID snow here some, most places used sand around here.  i know salt melts it faster, but it REALLY does a number on cars from the north....
-'87 turbo coupe with only 740 ORIGINAL miles.... :dunce:
-'86 turbo coupe, 5sp. Cali Car.......:cool:

snow cars

Reply #31
Quote from: FLSTCI71;201549
I'm glad it doesn't snow around here or else it would be hard for my daughter to drive her Taurus or for my son to drive his Turbo Coupe.

Like I mentioned... the snow is not the issue.  I'd have no problems if they used sand or something that didn't eat the cars from the ground up when it did snow.  I drove my Foxes in the winter for years....but the salt killed two of them.  I'm done killing Foxes in the winter.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

snow cars

Reply #32
I don't drive My '85 Bird in the winter, it sit in My garage (heated) from oct 31 to April.

There was no miracle receipt to keep rust away from steel, natural thing.

Dom.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]1985 Thunderbird 3.8 carbed 57k original, summer car.
1980 Econoline inline 6 300ci 300k, winter/working.
1988 Base Bird finally crushed... RIP.

Dominique,  The Ridiculous, Fordus, crazyous!!!  :birdsmily:

snow cars

Reply #33
Get your wheel wells as clean as you can get them, as well as any other areas pr0ne to rust. Then fill a spray bottle with Future floor wax and give all those areas a double coat. Future is thin enough to seep into any cracks and crevices and seal them up. Pretty durable too.

I've actually considered using it as a wax on the entire car.