Skip to main content
Topic: I really HATE the 2.3 !! (Read 24915 times) previous topic - next topic

I really HATE the 2.3 !!

Reply #90
Quote from: 1WLD BRD;200352
I dont use calculators, I used my experience from watching and reading and doing drag racing...;)

AMEN!

I really HATE the 2.3 !!

Reply #91
Thank god you avoid me like the plauge shawn, believe me i've done the same with some of your non proven ideas.
However when i post things and you get on my back by callin me names, then your gonna get it back 10 fold.
As i thought your a 22yr old KID with no life experience spoutin untruths,i've known many of your kind and stay far away from them.
I was driven bird's and working on cars before you ever knew what a thunderbird was!!!!!!.... So don't try and out rank me on your knowledge of these cars.
I'm in my mid 30s and am a licensed class A mechanic and your what,o yea a snot nose kid you thinks his car is the fastest on the street, hell my bone stock 91sc would probably beat your car.
I own one of the 5-10 fastest cars on this board and you own what,o yea a 14sec 2.3L ahhhhhhhhh i see.
Look at my car and it's list of mods dude, i don't play when it comes to my car.
Thanks ron for backing me up against this kid, as a person with a head on their shoulders and one who speaks from experience on my ride.
To all else who don't like me,good for you, those who know me know i'll go to the mat to help them but i can't stand snot nose kids who think they know it all.
I never wanted to start with anybody in this thread but as usual it would be shawn as he can't keep the insults to himself calling me an ASS and tellin me he'll send me a cookie,Yea ok!
Aerobird has probably the most experience with the 2.3L as do a few others and he also stated(as did most of them) that it's v8 all the way(for major hp and reliability) due to the many problems he and many others have had with their 2.3Ls and again SOMEONE don't take well to constructive critisism.
Also you speak of no proof, well where's yours with YOUR many friends who run 4-500hp 2.3L's on the street reliably, Bullshiznit i say,prove yourself, My proff is in my RIDE!!!!!!!!!
Dominator OUT!!!!!!!!!!

I really HATE the 2.3 !!

Reply #92
alright guys lets not get back in to the insults, you guys want to talk shiznit about each other put it in PM,s, please keep this thread clean....

I really HATE the 2.3 !!

Reply #93
Come on, folks. Use PMs for the mud-slinging - keep the thread to technical debate.

Edit: 1WLDBRD beat me to it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I really HATE the 2.3 !!

Reply #94
Quote from: JeremyB;200349
The 3.8L was the last to die. So, really, the 3.8L is the best. ;)

Now that's a scary thought...

Guess if you start with twice as many, you can make that statement...

Anyway once a buddy started having HG problems with his 3.8 '84 LTD(Not Crown Vic), decided I'd never own a 3.8(from Ford at least)... A couple dozen 2.3s(14 turbo), and a dozen or so 5.0s later, I'm still true to my word...

I really HATE the 2.3 !!

Reply #95
Quote from: dominator;200365
, believe me i've done the same with some of your non proven ideas.
Non-proven eh? I drive my car every day. End of story.

However when i post things and you get on my back by callin me names, then your gonna get it back 10 fold.
You need to get your head out of your ass, you directly insult me based on age and experience, and you try to say that I started calling you names?

So don't try and out rank me on your knowledge of these cars.
I'm in my mid 30s and am a licensed class A mechanic
I don't care how old you are, maybe you should start acting it. Being a class A mechanic means nothing. I'm a diesel mechanic. But next thing I can hear you saying is that I don't have experience bla bla bla. Grow up and get over yourself, you're no better than a single person here. As a matter of fact, you're the most arrogant member of this forum that I can think of, with no reason.

and your what,o yea a snot nose kid you thinks his car is the fastest on the street, hell my bone stock 91sc would probably beat your car.
If you actually read this thread, you would have seen the discussion was based on mild 302's and 2.3's. My car walks all over mild 302's, mild 4.6's, and mild LS1's become a drivers race. I don't understand what you're trying to prove. Also, don't think your SC would beat my car, because it wont. A friend of mine has 4 of them, one is moderately modded, as in a raised blower top, 10% blower pulley, 5% jack pulley, headers, full exhaust, cold air, and a hand full of other mods. Dead even race. My car isn't the fasted on the street, and I know that, but its very respected around here.

I own one of the 5-10 fastest cars on this board and you own what,o yea a 14sec 2.3L ahhhhhhhhh i see.
NEWS FLASH! No one cares!

So I guess you're a better person than me, because you have spent THOUSANDS more on your car than I have. Man, I need to rack up credit card debt so I could be cool like you.

Thanks ron for backing me up against this kid, as a person with a head on their shoulders and one who speaks from experience on my ride.
I love how you try to refer to me as a kid. You act more childish than ANYONE in this thread, even those that are 18 and younger. No one in this thread cares about your car and how you say its fast. Your car was never part of the discussion, and yet you some how come in here defensive and wanting to attack me. Grow up and get over yourself.

To all else who don't like me,good for you, those who know me know i'll go to the mat to help them but i can't stand snot nose kids who think they know it all.
I never wanted to start with anybody in this thread but as usual it would be shawn as he can't keep the insults to himself calling me an ASS and tellin me he'll send me a cookie,Yea ok!
You came off as an arrogant asshole, and I said that if you had proof, Id send you a cookie or something. How the hell is that an insult? Are you smoking something?! Whats this "as usual it would be shawn as he can't keep the insults to himself calling me an ASS", I never called you an ass untill you attacked me! Read the  thread. And this  about me not keeping insults to myself, first off, I never insulted you, and second, I hardly post in this place anymore. I think you had it out for me to begin with. You're the one that started the insults, youre the one who came off as being completely arrogant and full of yourself, and now you point the finger at me. This is HIGHSCHOOL DRAMA.

and again SOMEONE don't take well to constructive critisism.
Also you speak of no proof, well where's yours with YOUR many friends who run 4-500hp 2.3L's on the street reliably, Bullshiznit i say,prove yourself, My proff is in my RIDE!!!!!!!!!
Dominator OUT!!!!!!!!!!
I take constructive criticism well, I dont take ignorance and flatulence of the mouth well. You spoke no proof of this "horsepower per PSI of boost" junk, which if you knew about compressor maps, you would know its purely based off of the volumetric efficiency of the engine, along with the lbs/min vs PSI of the forced induction setup you use. 6psi will respond different in a H/C/I car than it would in a dead stock car. I guess you already knew that being a Grade A mechanic and being 30 something.

Also, I never said my friends made 4-500 horsepower. I said my friends had built, streetable engines.

If your proof is your car, why are you pushing so hard in this thread. 
You're worse than my girlfriends drama loving friends.
It's Gumby's fault.

I really HATE the 2.3 !!

Reply #96
Quote from: cougarcragar;200374
Come on, folks. Use PMs for the mud-slinging - keep the thread to technical debate.

Edit: 1WLDBRD beat me to it.

Don't worry, I'm done with this. This is the exact reason I hardly post. Ignorance.
It's Gumby's fault.

I really HATE the 2.3 !!

Reply #97
First, stop the mud-slinging BOTH of you! This was getting to be a pretty  CONSTRUCTIVE debate in a healthy manner and it's quickly deteriorating into e-thuggery.

Second,
Quote from: Tbird232ci;200386
mild LS1's become a drivers race.
Sorry, but I call BS on that. The GTO runs 13.09 DEAD STOCK. DR's make 12.7's, "mild mods" have hit 11's. Don't even remotely think you're in that league. You *might* stand a chance in a 3rd gear pull at highway speeds against a 200K mile stock LS1 auto, but I'd still bet against you. Considering you haven't even hit bottom 14's yet and EVERY LS1 is at most high-13's stock! Look man I respect you and your car, but don't throw BS onto the field, you will be called on it.

I really HATE the 2.3 !!

Reply #98
10 pages......10 whole pages of this stuff.Is it really that big of a deal to go on that long and get that "sensitive" over a 2.3 vs. 5.0 thread?Who cares????If you like the 2.3,good for you.If you like the 5.0,good for you as well.If you like them both,pat yourself on the back.Drop all of this  already.Surely there's something else to do around here.Every week there seems to be some drama of some kind started from the simplest post or question asked.Lighten up already.For the most part,we're grown men around here.But,after reading some of the posts,I'd actually have to question that.Think before you talk.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

I really HATE the 2.3 !!

Reply #99
I also dont know why everybody thinks 1/4mi times are the be-all-end-all.  I run mid 15s, which is slow as poo when compared to some other cars, but I enjoy the living  out of every bit of it.  Isn't that what really matters?  Who cares if a car runs 12s, 14s, 15s, etc or has a 2.3, 5.0, 351, or 3.8....just enjoy the  thing!

I really HATE the 2.3 !!

Reply #100
Quote from: vinnietbird;200395
10 pages......10 whole pages of this stuff.

Luckily, it's only 3 pages for me.

I really HATE the 2.3 !!

Reply #101
Quote from: JeremyB;200398
Luckily, it's only 3 pages for me.

How?

And you're missing some great, constructive debating in at least 7 pages of it.

I really HATE the 2.3 !!

Reply #102
Quote from: Aerobird Motorsports;200400
How?

And you're missing some great, constructive debating in at least 7 pages of it.
Go to "User CP", then "Edit Options"

I'd go insane if I could only see 10 posts per page.
One forum I'm on has 100 posts per page as an option, heaven...

I really HATE the 2.3 !!

Reply #104
Quote from: kingcars;200396
I also dont know why everybody thinks 1/4mi times are the be-all-end-all. 

+1  TCs were never designed to be drag strip kings.  Ford used the 2.3 for weight distribution, not weight savings.
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]