Skip to main content
Topic: apparently someone offered $5k for my car! (Read 1242 times) previous topic - next topic

apparently someone offered $5k for my car!

i was at work the other day, and i get a call from my wife.  she tells me that a guy, who looked to be in his 50's, stopped by the house.  she said he was parked out front with a truck and a car trailer and wanted to buy my turbocoupe.  she told me that he offered her $5,000 on the spot.  she told him that her husband would kill her.

granted, my car is in really good shape, but do you realize how nice of a tc i could have bought for $5k??!  i only paid $1500 for the one i've got now. 

... if only i had that day off.
91 ranger 2.3 turbo - nowhere near stock
87 thunderbird turbocoupe
06 pontiac g6 gt
:birdsmily:

Reply #1
That's SO awesome!  The night I first took my car out after the 5.0 swap (bone stock other than that - even the TC t5) some guy pulled up next to me and offered me $6000 on the spot!  I had just put so much time into the wiring and what not I couldn't do it...  but should have.  Could have bought another one and made it even better!  Still sweet to have someone appreciate your work in that fashion...
1988 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
'89 5.0 w/ ported intakes, Mallory Adjustable FPR, BBK shorties and H with 2.5" Flows, 130 amp 3G, 89 Mustang comp/wiring, Aluminum radiator w/ elec fan, T5 trans, King Cobra clutch, 3.55 gears, 13" Cobra brakes (front), Wilwood prop valve, Mustang A-arms, Front Coil-overs, MM CC plates, Silver 17x9 R's, 03 Cobra IRS, Aluminum DS, 2002 Mustang dash/console etc..., custom leather seats

Reply #2
Quote from: turboranger91;199977
she told me that he offered her $5,000 on the spot.  she told him that her husband would kill her.

i would have killed her for not callin me to find out....:evilgrin:
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

Reply #3
Quote from: gumby;200004
i would have killed her for not callin me to find out....:evilgrin:

that's what i told her.  i'm still waiting to see if that guy will stop by again.  i'd probably take the deal.
06 pontiac g6 gt

Reply #4
Those guys prolly wanna rip it apart for a v8 swap.
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles

Reply #5
Quote from: bhazard;200012
Those guys prolly wanna rip it apart for a v8 swap.

lol.  for $5k, he can do whatever he wants with it.;)
06 pontiac g6 gt

Reply #6
$5k wouldn't even get me thinking about selling my car. Sure, it's just a base 5.0 T-Bird with nice new paint, TC body bits, and a bunch of suspension mods but otherwise stock, but it's MY base 5.0 T-Bird with nice new paint, TC body bits, and a bunch of suspension mods but otherwise stock. I've done too much work to it and become far too attached to it to ever sell it for that much. I don't think I'd even sell it for double that much, even though I know I could easily buy a nicer one with an HO/T5 combo already in place with the money. This is the first car I've ever actually done any amount of modification work to, the first one I've ever started and finished a body job on, and the first one I've ever painted (or even had painted). Somebody else's work just doesn't mean that much to me...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #7
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;200055
$5k wouldn't even get me thinking about selling my car. Sure, it's just a base 5.0 T-Bird with nice new paint, TC body bits, and a bunch of suspension mods but otherwise stock, but it's MY base 5.0 T-Bird with nice new paint, TC body bits, and a bunch of suspension mods but otherwise stock. I've done too much work to it and become far too attached to it to ever sell it for that much. I don't think I'd even sell it for double that much, even though I know I could easily buy a nicer one with an HO/T5 combo already in place with the money. This is the first car I've ever actually done any amount of modification work to, the first one I've ever started and finished a body job on, and the first one I've ever painted (or even had painted). Somebody else's work just doesn't mean that much to me...

i see where you're coming from and i agree totally.  the thing is, i havent' really done much to this car since i bought it.  i've done some gaskets and redone the exhaust.
06 pontiac g6 gt

Reply #8
it where was he when I was selling it!?

Reply #9
Quote from: turboranger91;200010
i'm still waiting to see if that guy will stop by again.  i'd probably take the deal.
Stick a For Sale sign on it and he'll be back. ;)