Skip to main content
Topic: We NEED recognition like this! (Read 2601 times) previous topic - next topic

We NEED recognition like this!

I post here and have met up with these guys

http://www.listangs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=17684

I think it's high time we got the word out about ourselves.  We need a game plan.  Let's brainstorm!  Post your ideas!
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #1
What we NEED is a magazine that gives a rat's ass about these cars. Then we might expect some recognition ;)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #2
I happy with not having much recognition. Keeps the idiots (most of them) away.
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #3
or atleast an article in a magazine every now and then:hick:
"Beating the hell out of other peoples cars since 1999"
1983 Ford Thunderbird Heritage
1984 Ford Mustang GT Turbo Convertible

Reply #4
Quote from: Ductape91;198422
or atleast an article in a magazine every now and then:hick:

I think getting a gameplan together would get us just that!  Most people will still steer towards the Mustang anyway IMHO, but I think some recognition would open some eyes up and make some people appreciate these cars for what they are and what they can be.
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #5
how many mustangs are out there vs thunderbirds?  specifically in the realm of car enthusiasts?  We could get some of the birds and cougars in an article but i doubt we'd ever have a magazine dedicated to it.  i'd just like to see some Thunderbird and cougar stuff in like mustangs and fast fords or something...

but do you want every 15yr old kid wanting a thunderbird just to ize them like mustangs have been done for so long now?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:america: An American Restoration. :birdsmily:
1987 Ford Thunderbird Sport (resting)
1993 Mazda Miata 1.6l (daily driver)

Reply #6
Quote from: ~AC;198427
how many mustangs are out there vs thunderbirds?  specifically in the realm of car enthusiasts?  We could get some of the birds and cougars in an article but i doubt we'd ever have a magazine dedicated to it.  i'd just like to see some Thunderbird and cougar stuff in like mustangs and fast fords or something...

but do you want every 15yr old kid wanting a thunderbird just to ize them like mustangs have been done for so long now?

Exactly! There are less and less Cougs and T-Birds around as time goes by. We don't need brats to help them disappear quicker and steal our glory! :cougarsmily: :birdsmily:
2013 Focus (Daily)
1968 Cougar XR7
1987 Turbo Coupe
5 Speed, Stock IHI, Aeromotive 340LPH, Stinger 3in DP w/Magnaflow 3in Race Series ler, Hallman Boost Controller, Corbeau Fixed Back Racing Seats, Rebuilt 35# Injectors, Kirban AFPR, Stinger's Front Mount Piping w/Big NPR Front Mount IC, 3/8 E-85 Fuel Lines, SPEC Stage 3+ Clutch, Explorer 4.0 Dual Core Radiator, Optima Red Top Battery
1988 Turbo Coupe (RIP)
1984 Cougar (RIP) :cougarsmily:
1986 Cougar XR7 5 Speed.  (sold)

Reply #7
Quote from: Tbird232ci;198420
I happy with not having much recognition. Keeps the idiots (most of them) away.

x2

Reply #8
We could get some of the birds and cougars in an article but i doubt we'd ever have a magazine dedicated to it.

Again.  Just looking for an article every now and again.  Not a dedicated mag.  That's a pipe dream...

Reply #9
I already told you guys.We need to get a lot of pics of the cars,and,burnout shots (magzines LOVE burnout shots,especially from cars that aren't necessarily seen in that manner)from everyone,details about each car partiting,and info about the owner.THEN,we take all of this info,and send one big package to MMFF and 5.0 magazines.We make it very clear that we are all members of this forum/organization.Surely they'd get around to doing something with us.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #10
i think vinnie might be on to something. i work at a parts store a you would not believe how many times i say thunderbird or cougar and the customer gives me a look of why would you want to do that. thats when i show them under the hood and then they get the idea. one guy that used to work with me told me i was nuts in front of some of his buddies, he didn't know that they were my old highschool buddies. one of them piped up and said i had an 87 tc and it ripped ass. the guy i worked with just shut up. i was like yeah buddy take that.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #11
On to something?That's right I'm on to something.Now,we have to organize everything and take a little time to get it done right.Overwhelm the Stang mags.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #12
Quote from: ipsd;198512
i think vinnie might be on to something. i work at a parts store a you would not believe how many times i say thunderbird or cougar and the customer gives me a look of why would you want to do that. thats when i show them under the hood and then they get the idea. one guy that used to work with me told me i was nuts in front of some of his buddies, he didn't know that they were my old highschool buddies. one of them piped up and said i had an 87 tc and it ripped ass. the guy i worked with just shut up. i was like yeah buddy take that.

Happened with my car after I hit the deer and even before. I told my friends in highschool I would revive it and they laughed and told me to junk that POS. Came back 3 years later on leave showed them under the hood revved it and of course it was painted and had turbines lookin good. They were speechless. It was worth the 3 year wait.
2013 Focus (Daily)
1968 Cougar XR7
1987 Turbo Coupe
5 Speed, Stock IHI, Aeromotive 340LPH, Stinger 3in DP w/Magnaflow 3in Race Series ler, Hallman Boost Controller, Corbeau Fixed Back Racing Seats, Rebuilt 35# Injectors, Kirban AFPR, Stinger's Front Mount Piping w/Big NPR Front Mount IC, 3/8 E-85 Fuel Lines, SPEC Stage 3+ Clutch, Explorer 4.0 Dual Core Radiator, Optima Red Top Battery
1988 Turbo Coupe (RIP)
1984 Cougar (RIP) :cougarsmily:
1986 Cougar XR7 5 Speed.  (sold)

Reply #13
Everyone knows the Sport when we pull into the Autozone parking lot.I get the occassional,"What is that?" remark.THAT is why we need to make this happen.Give it til summer and get organized (also,that gives me time to get the Sport finished),LOL.

Reply #14
check out Ford builder...  it features MN12's, and fox birds, and is currently building a 400hp Supercoupe