Skip to main content
Topic: no power?(solved) (Read 6418 times) previous topic - next topic

no power?(solved)

Reply #15
you might have to splice the 2 harnesses together.  unless you mean a sefi thunderbird harness then i dunno.....  you check the wires to see if any of them got pinched? (along with everything else people said)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:america: An American Restoration. :birdsmily:
1987 Ford Thunderbird Sport (resting)
1993 Mazda Miata 1.6l (daily driver)

no power?(solved)

Reply #16
the harnesses match thats why we changed the under dash harness and hood harnesses.

no power?(solved)

Reply #17
You're missing something obviously.

You say your battery is good and you say you have all the proper wires reconnected at the battery side of the solenoid and the starter cable on the other and you have all the grounds reconnected, then you should have power somewhere.

Time to start tracing some of those power wires connected at the BAT side of the solenoid and see if they do actually have power.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

no power?(solved)

Reply #18
couldnt the solenoid have gone bad? unless they're new or without defect its gotta be in the wiring, when you put power to them do they click?  I'd use a meter to determine if the wires are good.  i cant come up with a fool proof way to check the entie length of the wire (like as if it were too long to put the leads at each end) so if someone could fill in there that'd be great.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:america: An American Restoration. :birdsmily:
1987 Ford Thunderbird Sport (resting)
1993 Mazda Miata 1.6l (daily driver)

no power?(solved)

Reply #19
A bad solenoid wouldn't kill all power, it would just make it so it doesn't start. Like I said, he's gonna have to start at the battery and work his way back until he finds the point where he has no power.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

no power?(solved)

Reply #20
Take a picture of how you have the wires connected to the solenoid.

no power?(solved)

Reply #21
dont have a camera.if i did would have done it .

no power?(solved)

Reply #22
Well without any visuals, the rest of us are just guessing.

Time to start digging in and seeing where you have power and where you don't.

You don't need to test each end of the wire...you just need to probe the wire and ground the other lead of your multimeter. 

It's obvious something is hooked up wrong, but you're just going to have to get into it and trace it yourself.

no power?(solved)

Reply #23
waiting on my dad to get home so i could borrow his voltmeter.

no power?(solved)

Reply #24
if a connector is melted/burnt would that cause no power 'cause theres two of them .

no power?(solved)

Reply #25
Quote from: superpinto;197599
if a connector is melted/burnt would that cause no power 'cause theres two of them .

Well perhaps.  Wanna be more vague?  What connectors are you talking about?

Did you probe the wires after the damaged connector to see if you have power or continuity?

no power?(solved)

Reply #27
1 is  a black connector under the ignition switch.the other is for the climate control.

no power?(solved)

Reply #28
Quote from: superpinto;197687
1 is  a black connector under the ignition switch.

As in the one under the steering column?  If so, then yeah....

You need to actually take the time to give us the info instead of making us ask you 13 more questions just to get something out of you. You are making it WAAAAYY too tedious for anyone to even bother to help you.

no power?(solved)

Reply #29
sorry bout that.