Skip to main content
Topic: no power?(solved) (Read 6419 times) previous topic - next topic

no power?(solved)

i just  got the bird back together from a sefi swap and no power to nothin its  me off .the solienoid just broke to.:mad:

no power?(solved)

Reply #1
Well gee...that's a lot of useful info.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

no power?(solved)

Reply #2
Well gee...that's a lot of useful info.
I know isn't it Chuck..

Make sure your battery is charged and connected correctly, charging from no information that is all I can say :S.... Also The Fuses you might wanna look at...
.: Lastest :.

no power?(solved)

Reply #3
theres no power to the dash at all.no power any where except the battery.dont be such asshole im not an ass to anyone on here im as nice as i can be.the pissed me is about to unleash.

no power?(solved)

Reply #4
Quote from: superpinto;197241
the pissed me is about to unleash.
well, this should be fun to watch.

seriously, if you expect help you need to provide more information. there is a myriad of possible solutions to your problem.

how about tryin to fill everyone in on exactly what work you preformed, what solenoid you broke, and what you have checked so far.....
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

no power?(solved)

Reply #5
Quote from: superpinto;197241
theres no power to the dash at all.no power any where except the battery.dont be such asshole im not an ass to anyone on here im as nice as i can be.the pissed me is about to unleash.

Don't be such a martyr.

Give some ed info if you want help...

If you want help, give us an intelligible post with a particular question contained therein.  Just saying you have no power and the solenoid broke doesn't tell us squat. 

(Besides, I seriously doubt the pissed you is any match for the pissed me.....)
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

no power?(solved)

Reply #6
wat ive done is change wirring harrnesses uderhood and dash

no power?(solved)

Reply #7
Quote from: Chuck W;197248
:iagree:

Since we still don't have a lot of info I'd suggest starting at the battery and working from there. You know you've got power to the battery, so you've got to work away from the battery until you find a point you've got no power. Do you have power to the soleniod? Have you connected the solenoid correctly? Have you connected the fusible links to the correct side of the solenoid? The fusible links (all of those smaller wires that attach to the large stud on the solenoid) MUST connect to the side of the solenoid electrically (not necessarily physically) closest to the battery (in other words, the side that is hot all the time). If you connect 'em to the wrong side of the solenoid you'll have no power to anything.

Have you got a good solid ground to the engine AND body? An electrical circuit must be complete in order to function. If the ground isn't good nothing will work.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

no power?(solved)

Reply #8
Quote from: Chuck W;197248

hahahaa true that.

no power?(solved)

Reply #9
what ever yall have to tell each other

no power?(solved)

Reply #10
If you've got your wits about you enough to brag about being bipolar you're not really dangerous.

Now back to the subject at hand...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

no power?(solved)

Reply #11
superpinto
When i read what you posted at first, i thought to myself,,,,,,,,,,,,"well now,, what would no power have to do with an SEFI swap"  Next the confussion was furthered because of a random tossed in "and the solenoid just broke"

Im like ,, hu?  does he really mean that his power door locks dont work? or does he mean starter solenoid?

then,, out of the blue,, you said you changed the wiring harness under the dash.

Go boil a pot of coffee,, grab your beer/smokes or what ever keeps you company at the keyboard and take all this from the top again. 
Dont leave anything out.

One example of a bad post i remember off hand a looong time ago was a guys keyless entry was not working.  Too easy i thought, just run though some wiring diagrams.  Come to find out he knew all along that he installed an alarm system and wired it into the keyless.

Now thats BS to hold back information like that.  Sometimes i think people will post problems not telling the whole truth because they either
A- do not know what the hell is going on nor can they explain what they did
or
B-they are keeping the full story secret because there might be some rigging up done.

All you need to do is pull up a chair and start typing.
Also,, go to electrical tech or my diy link and there are a tone of wiring diagrams you can run with to compare what you have to whats in writing.

so,, balls in yoru court.  We dont usually ask a million questions to get to the starting line.  We rely on you to provide ALL info of what you knwo you did on the front end. From there, most of the work is done and what remains is troubleshooting.

no power?(solved)

Reply #12
the ground strap is not hooked up.i just also got done putting the heads back on.also thanks to my medicine it screws my memory up.

no power?(solved)

Reply #13
the starter solenied is fixed now bought another one.

no power?(solved)

Reply #14
fixed the soliniod this morning all wires running to the battery sideof the soleniod.the ground cable is hooked up it messing wit me checked it was hooked up.still no power any were.already checked the fuses before.