Skip to main content
Topic: Decided On a Blower for the Demon (Read 2839 times) previous topic - next topic

Decided On a Blower for the Demon

and I decided on the Powerdyne kit.  6PSI nothin extreme just enough to make me happy.  the 1600 dollar price and not having to run lines from your oil pan were major factors.  I wanna stay speed density (My goal is to crack a 12.XX and stay with speed density) so I know I need an FMU ( it comes with the kit) and a bypass valve (extra 150 or so).  I also know I have to install some type of check valve in the vacuum line to the MAP sensor because boost just makes those sensors do stupid things.  I am however in need of more info concerning this last step.  Can anybody shed some light on this?
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Re: Decided On a Blower for the Demon

Reply #1
Can you use a 3 Bar GM map sensor or is it entirely incompatible?  You would think someone would make a for map sensor that would read boost, but with the popularity and possiblitys of MAS systems they see it as a waste..  Props to you for doing it out of the norm!
One 88

Reply #2
the GM map probably wouldnt do any good unless its possible to have the computer tuned to work with it, but if he were to do that work, he might as well go MAF

you would need a check valve in your MAP line, but there was something else i cant remember pertaining to that at the moment
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #3
I found out Vortech actually sells this check valve and it works well with other centrifugal kits as well.  Just gotta get that and the directions ( I'm doing it right the first time and want to be absolutely sure )

MAN, this and a 2005 mustang gt......My wife is gonna kill me!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #4
where did you get a blower for $1600 bucks?  Everything I see is like $2000.

Reply #5
Probably ebay............
One 88

Reply #7
pauly
you dont like the 3.8 sc bone yard parts?
of course, your kit there is probably a turn key setup so that really helps alot.

Reply #8
If I could Fab an intake to mont an old 3.8 blower to a 5.0 I would.  Making it work with the 5.0 speed density computer would not be hard.  Problem is fabbing up a new custom intake.  I don't have access to the goodies that I used to.  When i was in the Air Force (96-2000) I could rent a bay in the base garage for like a buck an hour with access to any tool I can think of.  My uncle closed his repair shop up here last year and retired selling off EVERYTHING.  The few people I know up here that I would trust to do this sort of thing are NOT CHEAP.  With the Powerdyne its all me and like you said its turnkey.

Reply #9
Quote from: Paul Flockhart
When i was in the Air Force (96-2000) I could rent a bay in the base garage for like a buck an hour with access to any tool I can think of.

yeah,, navy had the same,,,,,,, What did they call that anyway,hummm
ours was called the "Hobby Shop"

Reply #10
Yup it was the Hobby Shop.  Fixed many a car at the Mcguire AFB Hobby Shop for some extra coin :D

Reply #11
where can you get a blower system for 1600.00?? everywhere i look they're about 3200.00
Baylensman 97 XR7

Reply #12
http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommer...464&prmenbr=361
Above is the Jeg's link for the Powerdyne.....I see the price just jumped 400 bones since 2 DAYS AGO!  Wished I ordered it earlier, but I'm waiting for my night differential check(they give me 4 of those a year).  It's 100 bucks cheaper at Summit now....http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?target=/egnsearch.asp&N=400215
Funny every other kit stayed the same price at Jeg's....They must know I want one..... :mad: