Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1154000 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #3195
Posted it a while back
here it is again for those who might have missed it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzKuhqHyqpw

and the first start
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWSoubHjXIE&feature=related
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #3196
Nice, sounds good! Are those mustang tail pipe? I like how they dont stick out past the rear bumper. I'd like to get GT tail pipes and tuck them up where they cant be seen. Very nice Cougar.
88 Cougar LS 5.0 .030 over, ported E7s with GT40 valves & trickflow springs, Proform roller rockers, HO cam, removed air silencer, K&N filter, smog pump delete, 2.25" dual flowmasters, Pacestter H-pipe & headers, HO computer, 65mm TB, Explorer intake, 19# injecters, 3.45s, rebuilt posi, and TCI shift kit.

Reply #3197
They are GT tail pipes.. I like the angle cut on them
I will most likely paint them black
That's as high as I could get them. They won't fit between the tank and the trunk wells... not enough room
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #3198
i commend you, sir.. 4 years and 2 months since you started? i'd have sold it or shipped it off to the syard 3 years ago LOL i'm impatient, can you tell?
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Reply #3199
got 2 videos ..
this one is when I pulled it out today
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKFfkAzDLx0&feature=plcp&context=C331dc40UDOEgsToPDskLjNArYKLiMkQwcXMeYWB-T

And yes, that is my original dash.... lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #3200
another video with a walk around of everything
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhjYl75oZkM&feature=context&context=C331dc40UDOEgsToPDskLjNArYKLiMkQwcXMeYWB-T

that is still my original interior, I only added the center console
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #3201
and apparently....... if you just breath on the gas pedal........
This Happens.. lol

Guess I can now finish putting it back together, without the fear of having to take the front end apart again to fix something.

I haven't drove it since 2003.
Backing it out of the garage, it felt like driving a tank... Much as I remember it.
so far, no squeaks, clunks, grinding. rubbing, or anything like that.
I think I did pretty good for someone who was just going to do some body work 4 years ago and repaint it.... lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #3202
Jerry , That Cougar of yours would look awesome over in Ohio for our gathering in July bud. :headbang:

p.s. but I know you will not come off your little island with it....:evilgrin:

Reply #3203
Looks fantastic Im happy for you that it is on the way to being on the road :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:ford:87 Turbo Coupe through the floor sub frame connectors, 5.8 swap Ford racing heads Harland sharp 1.6 rockers BBK shorty swap headers 2 1/2 BBk X pipe magnaflow ler's. Megasquirt 2 with 36lbs injectors on hurricane intake with 4150 throttle body.Tremec TKO 600 Quicktime blowsheild spec stage 3 clutch. 3.73 gears and still not done

Reply #3204
Its kind of cool to be able to look at your car, and with the exception of the engine bay, basically be able to see what my car will look like when it is finally finished as well. I imagine your pretty psyched about finally getting it to move. I know I was and mine didn't sit for nearly as long as yours lol.
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #3205
Thanks Guys....
Dan, if it ends up at Catjam, it will be on a trailer, cuz if it breaks down in Youngstown, Eric will be stuck with it, because I'm taking his truck to get back home....lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #3206
A few new pics as I was putting the rest back together today

window moulding back on...I used silicone to seal it this time... the last time it wasn't grabbing the clips right, so I said forget it this time around.
Also installed the bottom plate and the wiper washer spritzers, along with the rubber around the hood hinges.

engine bay all tidied up

cleaned up the wiring mess in the passenger side,, and put the panels back on.

installed the back moulding.... Kitz sent me some nice clips taped to a Christmas card for Christmas. Best present ever

installed all the rubber in the door jambs. still have to put the top and bottom pieces on the door it's self
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #3207
It's nice to see it getting all buttoned up. It's been a long time comming! Great job Jerry!!

Reply #3208
Looking good man ...but for the love of all things holy will you please paint that ler on the side of your A/C compressor , that rusty cylinder is killing me ;)
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #3209
Quote from: hypostang;382915
Looking good man ...but for the love of all things holy will you please paint that ler on the side of your A/C compressor , that rusty cylinder is killing me ;)

i didn't even notice until you said something.. now it sticks out like a sore thumb! lmao
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver