Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160759 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #3045
Whats up! To busy to work on it?
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #3046
Quote from: Kitz Kat;366537
Whats up! To busy to work on it?

Unfortunately... going to try for the long weekend starting tomorrow....I can't believe how close it is too, It's really killing me here
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #3047
Good luck Jerry. If you do anything at all, at least that's something. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you....well, mentally anyway. I need my hands for work.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #3048
I suppose I could be out there instead of typing this...lol I'm going out there now...I blew a flex brake line last week.....installing the new one and bleeding brakes in a bit
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #3049
I took Gayle to lunch....other than that, nothing. Just don't feel like another day in the over 104 degree weather. Maybe this weekend after work. Gonna re-clock the drive shaft,change the front brakes.and install my O2 sensors. All of that MIGHT take an hour or hour and a half at the most. Just not today,. Good luck on the Cougar.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #3050
finally had a few hrs to catch up on some stuff
I got front brakes.. will fix the rear brake problem as I finish things.

got the shifter moved again...and bolted down. I think this will work out with the boot.

a couple random shots

started the wiring for mass air, will probably finish that tomorrow.

after the computer wiring.. the starter needs to be wired, the radiator filled, and the battery put in..... and I think I can turn the key.

oh yea... I blew out my gerbil balls.....dammit
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #3051
Poor Gerbil ......... lol

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #3052
I see you're using an A9L computer. I think there is an issue with the neutral safety switch wiring between an auto and manual trans car where the A9L can get fried. I'll see if I can find the info. I could be wrong though.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #3053
Mass air wiring done...... starter wires, and battery..... that's all that's left
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #3054
Woot!:D

Reply #3055
I just wanted to add I still think you are crazy.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #3056
Quote from: DVP;369241
I just wanted to add I still think you are crazy.

why is that?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #3057
ok, starter is wired, and battery is charging.... fire extinguisher is in close reach...lol
I won't be able to get to it until Saturday...I'll put the battery in, and if there's no fire, I'll see if I have interior lights, and probably do a keyon test first.....
Then it's in Gods hands if it sees all the sensors, and the fuel pump primes......phew...what a head rush... lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #3058
Go for it.....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:ford:87 Turbo Coupe through the floor sub frame connectors, 5.8 swap Ford racing heads Harland sharp 1.6 rockers BBK shorty swap headers 2 1/2 BBk X pipe magnaflow ler's. Megasquirt 2 with 36lbs injectors on hurricane intake with 4150 throttle body.Tremec TKO 600 Quicktime blowsheild spec stage 3 clutch. 3.73 gears and still not done

Reply #3059
Finally, the moment we've all been waiting for. lol! Good luck I hope it fires on the first try.