Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1161013 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #2505
What car does the 3g come from? I've never done the swap either.

Reply #2506
I got mine from a 3.0 Ford Taurus engine.Super cheap and still rocking after 4 years or so.I polished mine due to boredom.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2507
Does it matter what year? The last time I was at the jy there was quite a few there. Haha, you just like shiny stuff.

Reply #2508
Any 3.0 Taurus I've seen had them,and they all have been correct.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2509
Sweet, as always thanks for the info!

Reply #2510
Jay,I have no secrets.........except the stuff I don't want to tell anyone due to secrecy reasons.LOL.

Hey Jerry,Are you using 1.6 or 1.7 roller rockers? I was thinking you said 1.7,but couldn't remember. I've got two sets of 1.7's coming to me.Crane Gold and Cobra rockers.One set is going on the sport,the other set and my 1.6's are going to new homes. That should pay for the window tint when I sell them.I REALLY want to get that done asap.

Reply #2511
Quote from: vinnietbird;336872
Hey Jerry,Are you using 1.6 or 1.7 roller rockers? I was thinking you said 1.7,but couldn't remember. I've got two sets of 1.7's coming to me.Crane Gold and Cobra rockers.One set is going on the sport,the other set and my 1.6's are going to new homes. That should pay for the window tint when I sell them.I REALLY want to get that done asap.

here you go... never to see the light of day again
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2512
Nice. We really need "see through" valve covers.LOL. Mine are currently polished aluminum,and too nice to cover up.I am unsure which 1.7's I'll use.The Cobras are brand new,and the Crane Golds are also nice.Oh well,one stays,one goes.

Aaaaaanyway....back on the Cougar topic...odd question,but what steering wheel are you going to be using? I was wondering when I was looking at my spares. I like the TC wheel over the Sport's stocker due to the thicker wheel. I didn't know if you were swapping, or keeping the stocker installed, or maybe going aftermarket. If I could find the "right" wheel, I'd go after market. I can't seem to find one I like enough.

Reply #2513
I'm keeping my stock leather wheel
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2514
10-4 on the leather wheel. I'm probably going to swap mine out after I get the seats re-covered,then hopefully I can get one that matches the seats and interior as a whole and looks like it belongs,not an after thought.I want the Sport to look great when I'm finished.I did the wash,claybar,and wax for the Sport followed by an interior cleaning after work today. I swear,the Sport runs stronger after I detail her.I still have to do the engine,but I'll get to that.

Reply #2515
what exactly is a clay bar?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2516
Quote from: daminc;336880
here you go... never to see the light of day again

alright, i'm jealous.. my steel rockers look like  compared to those.. and i'll be seeing mine more often than you'll see yours :(

Reply #2517
Quote from: turbo_88_XR7;336892
alright, i'm jealous.. my steel rockers look like  compared to those.. and i'll be seeing mine more often than you'll see yours :(

I can fix that problem for you if you have some cash.

Jerry,look at the detail section of your local parts store,there,among the washes and waxes,is a clay bar kit.It's by Maguires. It comes with two clay bars,a small bottle of wax,and a detail spray.You clean the car to remove the dirt,dry it,then,panel by panel,spray the detail spray onto the car and rub the clay bar over it (the spray acts as a lubricant for the bar).It removes bug ,residue that washing often can leave behind,swirl marks,and cleans down to the paint and/or clear coat,but totally safe for the paint.Then,I use Mother's,or Maguires Premium wax.It's awesome.Gayle's black Maxima looked wet even though it was dry when I was done with it.Awesome product.

Reply #2518
I'll give it a try on the Lincoln this winter.. Always looking for a warm project while the snow is flying outside.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2519
Quote from: turbo_88_XR7;336892

I didn't know mine would look like that until I picked it up... the guy from the shop actually stopped over a couple weeks ago to see if it was running yet.... of course it wasn't , but he liked what I had done to it so far, and was impressed by the Cougar it was going into.

Well, there's a few minor things to put on it still.... I should have those done this week.... Going to do some welding on the headers too. the drivers side header has holes in it that I found after blasting it. if it's to perforated and thin from rust, then I'm going to have to get a set of P headers and s the project I already started..

The AOD is next... Painting, filter, gasket, maybe new pan. I'll see what it looks like after it's off... Still need a torque converter though..  Thinking in the 2400 range. Anyone got one they want to let go of?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook