Skip to main content
Topic: So..... (Read 2191 times) previous topic - next topic

So.....

Reply #15
Quote from: Ductape91;192923
my only ticket was for speeding in a construction zone a little more than 6 years ago, luckly it was sunday night(like 3am) and the highway was dead with no traffic at all.
god mustve been whispering into that cops ear because by all accounts i shouldve been locked up for driving that fast but got off with a warning because i told him exactly what i was doing, trying to hit the limiter.
i was clocked going 136mph, that was when i saw him if he wouldve hit me 5 seconds sooner he wouldve got me at 145.
to teach me a lesson he drove me down the highway about 5 miles, maybe more and made me walk back to my car which may or may not be there because of the tow trucks(incentive:hick: )
lesson learned is all i got to say:bowdown: .

i like that story how long ago was that

So.....

Reply #16
About 2 years since I got my DL... Never been pulled over.

So.....

Reply #17
Quote from: Innes;192992
i like that story how long ago was that

back in '01, when I95 wasnt as busy as it is now. a whole other lifetime ago and thats where i like to keep it if ya know what i mean:hick: 
interestingly enough the car i was in was a 91 mitsubishi eclipse gst, lightly modded but gutted from the window line down. i dont see how there is an extra 40+mph hidden in there thats streetable:shakeass:
"Beating the hell out of other peoples cars since 1999"
1983 Ford Thunderbird Heritage
1984 Ford Mustang GT Turbo Convertible
2015 Ford Focus SE 1.0 EcoBoost

So.....

Reply #18
Didn't actually get a ticket, but I imagine it could have been pretty steep for the time I chased down a couple of speeding County Sheriff's deputies that passed me up as I was doing the limit of 55. It ticked me off that they were speeding, while I had to stay under the limit...so I caught up with and paced them for awhile at about 85 mph.:burnout: They didn't like that. They pulled some fancy police trickery and basically got themselves postitioned both in front and behind me, flipped on the lights, and pulled me over.:beatyoass:

Long story short - The officer shook my hand, pointed out that I should take care of the 2-month out of date inspection sticker, and let me go.

The conversation that took place in between is a bit much to go into here. If you want the whole story, you'll have to ask me to tell it at CatJam next summer!;)

So.....

Reply #19
LMAO, Royce I made that mistake once here too!, I was behind a cop at a stop light in town, and when it changed to green, he stomped it and chirpped the tires.  Well I thought, "if you can do it, I can".  So I lit them up and stayed with him, till about 80kms/hour in a 50 zone. (in the middle of town).  As soon as I turned off and headed back into town, he wipped around and came after me.

Couldn't tag me for speeding so he nailed me with a warning for window tint was too dark. (the 85 Cougar)  Had a buddy with me too.  he said I was an idiot. LOL.

So.....

Reply #20
I've only gotten one ticket. I got it after I had my Traction-Lok installed because I wanted to see how a two wheel burn out looked :hick: . I didn't get out of that one.

I got out of a 50 in a 35 though (the only other time I was pulled over). A Chicago cop pulled me over and I had my city ID badge on me. He let me go because I worked for the city. Sometimes it pays to have a government job ;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

So.....

Reply #21
Once my brother and I were in my 88 Cougar on Sr 33 Lancaster bypass (Martin knows this road) going about as fast as the old cougar would go.  I'm guessing around 125ish.  A cop whipped around and turned his lights on then turned them off about 5 seconds later.  He was a distant memory in the rear view mirror.
One 88

So.....

Reply #22
I passed a cop doing 100mph+ he was in turn lane with his signal to go my way and lucky day for me he had better stuff to do than chase me down.

Got a warning on time for 60 in a 45 after i got my H.O. Swap and it was X-mas eve lesson was sometimes they can be nice.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily: