Skip to main content
Topic: left the fox behind and upgraded to MN12... (Read 3908 times) previous topic - next topic

left the fox behind and upgraded to MN12...

Reply #15
Needs the hub swap for the 4.5 bolt patter rims. I have yet to do that to mine but it is on the list of things to do.

Oh and shouldn't that thing have a air meter on the intake? I know my 96 does. Also needs this too http://supercoupeperformance.com/partBrowser.aspx?partId=506

Reply #16
Quote from: slamedcat;193244
Needs the hub swap for the 4.5 bolt patter rims. I have yet to do that to mine but it is on the list of things to do.

Oh and shouldn't that thing have a air meter on the intake? I know my 96 does. Also needs this too http://supercoupeperformance.com/partBrowser.aspx?partId=506

yep, and yeah I may do the hub swap, as I have a set of brand new bullitts laying around here, that I was going to put on the cougar...

as for paint, I was thinking of doing it the same colour I did my '88 bird.  Those are some very nice T-bird pics!  I really like the white one with the 10th anny rims....  hell, that blue one is hot too.

Reply #17
she's home!  and boy does it move for a stock 4.6L, cant wait to start with the modifications....

it's only got 133Kms on it, and has power everything....  I will get better pics in the morning.  the thing barks second gear when it hits it.

Reply #18
Heres the big question
Are you going to abandon us and go to tccoa

Reply #19
HELL NO!  I hate the guys at TCCOA, they all act like stuck up as#holes over there.  I will be on there everynow and then just to get info on upgrades, but I will be staying here.  I have been a member there, since I joined here, same with SCCOA.  I think I might have 50 posts at TCCOA, and 7 at SCCOA.

This is my home.....  I will be picking up a TC soon, to play with.

Reply #20
just making sure:beatyoass:

:D :D :D

Reply #21
Quote from: 1WLD BRD;194034
the thing barks second gear when it hits it.

You have a broken spring in your 1-2 shift acspoogeulator.
It's an easy fix, and you should definitely fix it ASAP. There is an upgraded acspoogeulator piston from Ford that should be installed as well as the new spring.

Yes, the attitude at TCCoA is really baffling. I've been a member there for over three years, but I don't post all that often.
Some of those guys seem like the most pretentious buttholes you could ever meet.
Nice Thunderbird, dude. I've said it here before: I love my MN12.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #22
Yup my dads Mark VIII does that cause of the acspoogeulator problem. He will never fix it though. He will just let the trans take a dump instead...
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles

Reply #23
I like the white one on pg2.

Over the years I have seen dozens of MN12's and dozens on Fox Cougar/T-Birds in junk yards. My impression of the MN12 is that the interior is really cool - I always wished I could c00ch some of the "coolness" from their interiors. On the other hand, once I pulled my head out from inside the car I would always be reminded of why I stayed with a Fox chassis when I was "upgrading" from my '83. The pancaked look and bulky weight just never grew on me. Add to that the IRS and 4.6L Mod motor and hood clearance issues on the 5L models and I just couldn't do it. Like I said though, I like the look of the white one on pg. 2, so there is some potential there.
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

Reply #24
edit- nm

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

Reply #25
Step 1.  Get rid of that super-restrictive intake box on top of the motor.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #26
Quote from: cougarcragar;194072
You have a broken spring in your 1-2 shift acspoogeulator..

Hmmm..  doubt it but maybe....  the Tranny was just rebuilt...  have a reciept for $1800....

Quote from: V8Demon;194117
Step 1.  Get rid of that super-restrictive intake box on top of the motor.

I believe the pics on the first page, show that, that is done already... ;):D

Reply #27
Ahh yes!:toilet:

It does have a filter on it I hope:D
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #28
Hey a RJ where is the MAF??
One 88

Reply #29
Quote from: CougarSE;194171
Hey a RJ where is the MAF??

Haha, in the glove box....  LOL, I guess he tryied cleaning it and buggered it up, so I gotta change the element tomorrow.