Skip to main content
Topic: New KITT = Mustang! (Read 1867 times) previous topic - next topic

New KITT = Mustang!

Reply #1
I saw that too!  AWESOME!!!  It's a KR too (Knight Rider)!!!

New KITT = Mustang!

Reply #2
That's not cool! It still has the  Cobra logo all over it. It's just another GT500 with lights in the hood scoop and body by Eribuni. You didn't see the Screamin' Eagle on KITT's hood in the 80's, and it had unique bodywork. Everyone knew it was a Trans-Am, but it wasn't plugging itself as one.

That and I'm just sick to death of the GT-500.

*edit*
I just saw an article on Edmunds Inside Line with more info and pictures. It gets worse.

To portray the new KITT, Ford donated six production Mustangs to the film studio. Since the GT500KR isn't yet available, the cars were actually Mustang GTs equipped with automatic transmissions. (Automatics are preferred for film work.) The initial mechanical and bodywork on the prototype KITT was done by Galpin Auto Sports — from MTV's [COLOR="Magenta"]Pimp My Ride[/COLOR] — [/I]

New KITT = Mustang!

Reply #3
Ugh, a Mustang can't serve as KITT, it doesn't fit the role at all. If they are going to do a remake and base it on Knight's son who never knew his dad but is now following in his footsteps, they should bring back the old firebird. Wouldn't it be more interesting if they plotted it this way. Son learns about what his father did. Son comes across fathers old car. Son refurbishes the car and continues his fathers legacy.

That firebird can still hold it's own in the series, they don't need to use a Mustang that we've already seen hundreds of times over.

It is like them remaking the A-team and using a Honda Odyssey as their van.

New KITT = Mustang!

Reply #4
I still think it looks amazing.

New KITT = Mustang!

Reply #6
Here is a video of it.  It wouldn't be that bad if they got rid of the obnoxious wing on the "attack version"  While it may not be the best car for the role, I'll probably still watch it.

http://jalopnik.com/cars/knight-rider/first-video-of-knight-riders-kitt-revealed-live-333192.php
2000 Jaguar XK8 Convertible - 4.0L DOHC V8 (AJ27)
2018 Ford Explorer - 3.5L DOHC V6 (Duratec 35)
1999 Mercury Grand Marquis - 4.6L SOHC V8 (Modular)
1987 Mercury Cougar LS - 5.0L V8 (Windsor) [SOLD in 2009]

New KITT = Mustang!

Reply #8
Quote from: yellow86coogr;192686
Did someone say WING.
That kitt car is very sweet, especialy with the wing.:burnout:

While I'm not really a fan of wings, especially tall ones, I much prefer yours to that double decker one on the new KITT.  To each their own though.
2000 Jaguar XK8 Convertible - 4.0L DOHC V8 (AJ27)
2018 Ford Explorer - 3.5L DOHC V6 (Duratec 35)
1999 Mercury Grand Marquis - 4.6L SOHC V8 (Modular)
1987 Mercury Cougar LS - 5.0L V8 (Windsor) [SOLD in 2009]

New KITT = Mustang!

Reply #9
Ditch the wing and emblems.  Make the rims black.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

New KITT = Mustang!

Reply #10
KITT belongs in a Firebird, not a Mustang. Boo.

New KITT = Mustang!

Reply #11
Quote from: JeremyB;192722
:iagree::iagree::iagree:

KITT will always be an '82 Firebird in my heart..
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

New KITT = Mustang!

Reply #12
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;192728
:iagree::iagree::iagree:

KITT will always be an '82 Firebird in my heart..

right. KITT shoulda been made up as a last-gen Ponti car, not this new Yuckstang.

What's next...a re-remake of Gone In 60 Seconds..with a Camaro as Eleanor? :mad:
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

New KITT = Mustang!

Reply #13
Well atleast it wasn't a Honda ...................................
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

New KITT = Mustang!

Reply #14
Quote from: JeremyB;192722

I agree, but find me an American made vehicle in production right now that would fit this bill besides what they chose.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!