Skip to main content
Topic: This would be embarrassing! (Read 1700 times) previous topic - next topic

This would be embarrassing!

Reply #1
wow that sucks!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #2
Those darn plastic lug bolts.LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #4
Wow...looks like his lugnuts fell off..??
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #5
I hate when that happens!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #6
There's no way my driver's ed teacher taught me how to do this !!!

Reply #7
Wow, that blows!

I snapped wheels off of my '69 GTO twice back in the day (late '70's), but it was only one rear wheel at a time. I remember sliding to a stop after the RR wheel snapped off at 50 MPH. I was able to slide it nicely into the breakdown lane as I watched the wheel blow by me into a gully. Had someone get me some new studs and was cruising again in no time! The other time I just juked the gas on my street and the wheel snapped off and got wedged in the wheel well. I had too much power for stock studs - this guy should pummel the life out the ****nut who sold him the wrong lugs. OTOH, shouldn't be racing if you don't know what size lugs you use!

:burnout: :hick:

Apparently more than one sentence is too much for some to read - lol
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

Reply #8
Looks almost like someone loosened them all when he wasn't looking.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #9
This would be very embarrassing.  I bet he just changed tires when he got to the track and forgot to put the lugs on or only a couple of turns.  Haste makes waste.

I kind of did this when I was 15.  I purchased a Honda 600 that did not run.  If you remember this was a funny little car with an air cooled twin engine, looked almost like a motorcycle engine.

I took the engine all apart, new rings, timing chain, gaskets.  Got it all back together and it ran great.  Took it for a test drive but did not tighten up any of the wheels.  The wheels did not come off but it ruined all of them and all the lugs.  It was lots of fun even back in the mid-seventies to find used wheels and parts for this thing.  Don't ever remember really driving the little Honda, I think I just sold it and made a couple of bucks.

What a stupid little car.  It's hard to believe that Honda became the car company it is today with this start.

To this day I double check it every time.

TED

Reply #10
Quote from: V8Demon;191898

Yeah really...I could see maybe one, or at the very most 2 breaking, but if you look REAL close, you can see almost all the studs are still there...either wrong nuts, or they didn't run em all the way down or torque 'em, one.
LOL...bet the guy had a high pucker factor when it happened :shakeass:
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #11
that's the best part of wheel covers. they sound like maracas before the tire falls off.

but what are the chances of all four at once --- million to 1
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #12
Quote from: V8Demon;191898

thats what i was thinking i bet the person who did it didnt think they all were going to fall off at the same time.

Reply #13
Good thing he was wearing those racing shoes or things could've been alot worse...

Reply #14
For all you guys guessing at what happend... it tells you right in the header.. thats why I dident bother to put it in the message.

He was sold the wrong size lug nuts.
Checked after the event, they would torque down but with a lateral load they would jump threads.
:birdsmily:   Objects In Mirror Appear to be Loosing  :birdsmily: