Skip to main content
Topic: stupid question (Read 1981 times) previous topic - next topic

stupid question

Will our little forum family ever become an official fox t-bird/cougar organization or club?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

stupid question

Reply #1
"Badges, we don't need no stinkin' badges"
84 TC 302 -5.0L/t5/7.5 locking rear and a 3.45 gear, Edelbrock Intake, Aluminum Heads, Edlebrock 65mm Throttlebody, Edlebrock Cam, 24lb injectors & MAS Air Sensor calibrated via chip,  BBK headers, Catback H pipe, Magnaflow lers :evilgrin:
:pics-stfu:

Project Thread with pics

stupid question

Reply #2
What would be the difference?We'd still be a group as we are,talking as we do.......................O.K.,we're a club...........................Feels the same to me.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

stupid question

Reply #3
I think that things would be better off if we stay the way we are.
I've seen a lot of clubs that become very pen 15y because they think they are special. esp to non-members.

our situation is a lot more open. esp. to new members and stupid questions like this one. other boards tend to get pen 15y if you ask something they don't like.
Thats the reason I ended up here.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

stupid question

Reply #4
Remember that official clubs always always always involve a copious amount of politics. We have remained free of that garbage for about a decade now...there's no need to introduce it anytime soon.

The national Cougar club (CCOA) is currently going through major problems and really it boils down to politics. Unfortunately it's been that way for way too long. When I joined the CCOA in the early 1990s there was never a mention of any Cougar made past 1973. Still, I stuck it out. Then in the early 2000s a younger president made the steps to officially welcome ALL Cougars, regardless of model year, even including the New Edge cars. Needless to say, that didn't sit well with those that still think the only "real" Cats were the originals. So you have these two factions in a g match...in the meantime the club has now gone to hell with very little hope of ever coming back in one piece, there are allegations flying left and right, there is literally nothing that the club is giving its members for their yearly dues...

Yeah. We really need that here. :rolleyes:

People always ask me about how "I want to join the COOL CATS club, how do I do that?" Well first, take your right hand and hold your right ear. Then do the same with your left. Then firmly pull your head out of your backside.

There is no "club". Why the hell would I want an "exclusive" club? That word means that some people are in, some aren't. Is that what you really want to do here? Listen, I was the guy that's always been on the outside with these cars. Even when they were new, there was no support. Zero. I learned to support myself. That's how the site was born, that's how people met each other, that's how this board came about. You're telling me you want to purposely begin to exclude people that love these cars? What kind of "club" is that? What exactly are you looking to get out of this "club" thing, anyway? Friendship? Someplace to hang out? A car show?

We already have those now.

If you want, we can call this a "club", charge you $30 a year, and maybe that will make you feel a little better.

"Woohoo! I'm in a club! But my wallet's a little lighter..."

Save your money, save your mentality about a "club" thing, and just sit back and enjoy this for what it is. We've got a great ride going on here, probably the best it will ever be. No need to ruin it.

BTW, I don't think that was a stupid question. Whether or not anyone agrees with me, there doesn't seem to be much of a demand for it here anyhow.

stupid question

Reply #5
I've seen too many other communities tear themselves apart because of cliques, politics, people talking smack simply because they're in the "in" club, etc. One of the things that keeps me here is how open and friendly everyone here is.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5.0L Speed density
Explorer intake
'92 Mustang GT cam
GT-40 racing heads
Unequal length headers
Custom-made duals
19# injectors
65mm TB
AFPR
T/C header panel
11" brake upgrade
T/C rear sway bar
Electrical mods: too many to list :D

stupid question

Reply #6
I think that things would be better off if we stay the way we are.
I've seen a lot of clubs that become very pen 15y because they think they are special. esp to non-members.

I couldn't agree more.  I post on another forum (although not so much lately) that a certain portion of hangs out together on a regular basis as the forum was meant for Mustang enthusiasts in the Long Island area of New York.  I see this particular group of them at certain car meets in the area.  I've yet to introduce myself.  I can safely say that I probably never will.  They have that "Premier Member"  going on there as well.  Apparently it's not enough as the founder is looking for sponsors and after 2+ years of little to no supervision of the content of his creation (numerous picture and word related adult/NSFW  --  some of it offensive) he is now trying to get thing cleaner.  The most blatant people are taking offense to this now and citing free speech and whatnot. 

There is one thread in particular that I would love to link to to show you just how bad it has become, but you have to be a member to view it and it's just to long to quote here.  Just under 80 posts of pure nonsense.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

stupid question

Reply #7
just saying you have to be a member to read something is what i was getting at. Before i became a regular here, I had a chance to look around and read posts for information about my car. I also notice that on any givin day there are just as many guests as registered users. It also seems that we cover a wide spread area of problems and solutions and that were not just focused on just talking about our own personal cars.
If you ask me, this is the place to be. Never any pressure.

that reminds me. I was at a forum last week. the last post was about a month old.
it said "where did everyone go" and it went un-replied --lol
Cant remember where it was, but i was thinking there probably with us.
I think it was a t-bird forum
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

stupid question

Reply #8
Now, if only we could get all the 3.8L guys to leave.

;)

stupid question

Reply #9
Lol--Your stuck with us now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

stupid question

Reply #11
Where there is money, there is power.  Where there is power, there is a power struggle.

stupid question

Reply #12
Quote from: xjeffs;191533
Where there is money, there is power.  Where there is power, there is a TurboCoupe.

Fixed. :hick:

stupid question

Reply #13
Quote from: xjeffs;191533
Where there is money, there is power.  Where there is power, there is a 5.0 HO.

Fixed the right way ;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

stupid question

Reply #14
Quote from: xjeffs

Where there is money, there is power. Where there is power, there is a 5.0 HO with a lumpy cam and good heads.

Fixed even better....
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!