Skip to main content
Topic: Anyone in Omaha? tragedy again (Read 2375 times) previous topic - next topic

Anyone in Omaha? tragedy again

Seems another shooting has taken place...
what in all the fvck is wrong with people that do this shiznit!?
shooting
more

Godspeed to the victims...
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #1
Sniper in Newark NJ today to don’t think he shot anyone though.
Last I heard on the news they got him. He was by a school and shooting at police of a roof top.
There must have been soothing in the air today.

Reply #2
Oh for christ sake. Facking American constitution should change. This world is facked up

Reply #3
More news on this. I know a lot of people from Omaha and gratefully none of them were there.
http://www.ketv.com/news/14782867/detail.html
2000 Jaguar XK8 Convertible - 4.0L DOHC V8 (AJ27)
2018 Ford Explorer - 3.5L DOHC V6 (Duratec 35)
1999 Mercury Grand Marquis - 4.6L SOHC V8 (Modular)
1987 Mercury Cougar LS - 5.0L V8 (Windsor) [SOLD in 2009]

Reply #4
Quote from: baxo;191235
Oh for christ sake. Facking American constitution should change. This world is facked up

Really it should. You really don't need to own ANY type of gun (perhaps some type of hunting rifle might be an exception). If someone can logically explain the reason to own a hand gun or an automatic gun for any reason besides to kill someone I'd like to know what it is. You sure as hell can't hunt with an automatic weapon..............
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #5
Quote from: thunderjet302;191257
Really it should. You really don't need to own ANY type of gun (perhaps some type of hunting rifle might be an exception). If someone can logically explain the reason to own a hand gun or an automatic gun for any reason besides to kill someone I'd like to know what it is. You sure as hell can't hunt with an automatic weapon..............

Say that to someone who lives in a bad area (e.g. where you get break-ins). Or to someone with a family to care for. If someone breaks into my house, my policy is simple: if they stay downstairs they can have anything they want (well, until the police arrive, I guess), but no intruder makes it to the top of the stairs alive. Is that a euphemism for "I will kill such an intruder"? I suppose it is, so I'll spell it out: I will kill such an intruder. Someone who is willing to do that is either deranged enough to not realize that he is taking his life into his hands or he is prepared for a confrontation. Either way, I consider that to be a very dangerous individual.

We're all shaped by life events, and in my case I've witnessed some really bad people. When you're five and you're an eyewitness to an attempted kidnapping 20 feet away in Manhattan (gunfight between perp and NYPD) it tends to make certain facts about the world and those who inhabit it pretty clear.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5.0L Speed density
Explorer intake
'92 Mustang GT cam
GT-40 racing heads
Unequal length headers
Custom-made duals
19# injectors
65mm TB
AFPR
T/C header panel
11" brake upgrade
T/C rear sway bar
Electrical mods: too many to list :D

Reply #6
Quote from: thunderjet302;191257
If someone can logically explain the reason to own a hand gun or an automatic gun for any reason besides to kill someone I'd like to know what it is. You sure as hell can't hunt with an automatic weapon..............

Nor can you own, an automatic that is.

SEMI-auto's are different, and even then, it's illegal to own a clip that holds more than 10 rounds.

Really...do you think that banning all but hunting rifles are gonna solve this kind of problem?
Most people that do this do NOT obtain those firearms legally in the first place.
I tend to agree that AR-15's, SKS, and those other cheap "pop-pop" guns are almost useless for hunting. There's a reason I use a .303 British, and that's because it puts the deer down fast.

Back to the topic: Either one of 2 things is bound to happen should most firearms be banned: there's gonna be a lot more people stabbed, or else the outlaw firearm movement will go underground even more than it is.

I'm pretty outspoken about this, because most people are unknowledgeable on the subject.

However, I grew up with loaded guns in the house, and I learned to respect them from almost crawling age.
We don't need more gun control...we need IDIOT control.
Sadly, it's far easier to say that than put it into effect.

And tell me...since most private citizens in Chicago can't own guns...how's YOUR crime rate??????
Not to start a war here...but facts is facts.
Banning guns does not make the violent crimes decrease.
But that's purely rhetorical, the facts speak for themselves.
'98 Explorer 5.0

Reply #7
So if criminals don't have guns then citizen's don't need guns. Serriously we would be better off if no one had guns. Really. Look how many people die in the US each year from gun related violence vs. Europe. We really need to take guns away from everyone......

I guess I can see where you're comming from but I've never lived in a bad neighborhood or had anyone near me have a break in......
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #8
Quote from: Quietleaf;191264
Is that a euphemism for "I will kill such an intruder"? I suppose it is, so I'll spell it out: I will kill such an intruder. Someone who is willing to do that is either deranged enough to not realize that he is taking his life into his hands or he is prepared for a confrontation. Either way, I consider that to be a very dangerous individual.

I agree with that 100%.
Somebody breaks into my house, they are taking a chance.
I'd also be a hell of a lot less likely to break into a house knowing that there's a  good possibility I might get ventilated.

Bad thing is..someone breaks the law by doing a B&E on your house, and you put them out, their family can and probably will sue for manslaughter or wrongful death.
Now, is it just me, or is that totally effing nuts!?
They're the one that broke the law, why should I be paying the price for their stupidity.
Oh..I know..let's pass a another law to ban all guns..yeah..makes ME feel safe. NOT.
'98 Explorer 5.0

Reply #9
So if criminals don't have guns then citizen's don't need guns.

There's the end of your argument right there. There have been something like 240 murders in West Philly this year (I know, I live just outside the city), and a great deal (if not the outright majority) of the perps are underage. You have to be 18 to legally acquire or own a firearm in the state of Pennsylvania. Every under-18 shag partyer who shot someone in the city this year (in addition to all of those who have guns but haven't killed anyone yet) acquired them through extra-legal means (read: the existing laws did exactly SQUAT to stop them).

Black markets have existed for centuries if not millennia and they always will. Guns, drugs, etc. are just examples and they won't go away just because we make yet another law that the fifteen-year-olds will ignore (like the laws they're already ignoring). Just ask Al Capone ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5.0L Speed density
Explorer intake
'92 Mustang GT cam
GT-40 racing heads
Unequal length headers
Custom-made duals
19# injectors
65mm TB
AFPR
T/C header panel
11" brake upgrade
T/C rear sway bar
Electrical mods: too many to list :D

Reply #10
Quote from: thunderjet302;191266
We really need to take guns away from everyone......

You Don't see where I'm coming from here....

If the guns are banned...then they'll either get illegal guns, or just use knives, or some other type of weapon.
Go look up violent crime rates in the UK, Australia..and even the big cities of Canada....yes, I'll concede to the lack of guns in those crimes...but THE NUMBER OF VIOLENT CRIMES HAS NOT DECREASED.

Personally, I'd just as soon as this thread be locked already, i didn't intend for it to come to this. I'm sorry.
But I still stand on my gun issue.
'98 Explorer 5.0

Reply #11
Quote from: FordTruckFreeek;191265
Nor can you own, an automatic that is.

SEMI-auto's are different, and even then, it's illegal to own a clip that holds more than 10 rounds.

Really...do you think that banning all but hunting rifles are gonna solve this kind of problem?
Most people that do this do NOT obtain those firearms legally in the first place.
I tend to agree that AR-15's, SKS, and those other cheap "pop-pop" guns are almost useless for hunting. There's a reason I use a .303 British, and that's because it puts the deer down fast.

Back to the topic: Either one of 2 things is bound to happen should most firearms be banned: there's gonna be a lot more people stabbed, or else the outlaw firearm movement will go underground even more than it is.

I'm pretty outspoken about this, because most people are unknowledgeable on the subject.

However, I grew up with loaded guns in the house, and I learned to respect them from almost crawling age.
We don't need more gun control...we need IDIOT control.
Sadly, it's far easier to say that than put it into effect.

And tell me...since most private citizens in Chicago can't own guns...how's YOUR crime rate??????
Not to start a war here...but facts is facts.
Banning guns does not make the violent crimes decrease.
But that's purely rhetorical, the facts speak for themselves.

People are going to get murdered with a gun, or knife, or what ever because some people are just messed up. However it's a hell of a lot harder to stab 8 people and not get stopped than to shoot them. You can't do a drive by stabbing either :rolleyes:

BTW I live in the city proper of Chicago. My neighborhood hasn't had a murder in 25 years. The areas that are violent are also the poor areas. Statistically poorer areas=more violent crim. So no matter what you do the poorer areas are going to have violent crime, plane and simple.

Reply #12
First off, i am very sorry to hear about this and hope the best for the families

all i have to say about all the "take all the guns away" and  " It's not safe for people to have the right to carry" statements is... the bad people are always going to have them so why take away the victims protection. Our guns are registered, they can find us... theirs aren't so what does it help. Hell We need a bigger safe at my house, we ran out of room, i have 4 guns and i'm only 18 between my dad and i we have i believe 12 rifles and 1 pistol of which include an AK. an I no i dont live in the woods.

The only way you can take my guns from me is after i run out of ammo...
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #13
Quote from: thunderjet302;191271
BTW I live in the city proper of Chicago. My neighborhood hasn't had a murder in 25 years.

That's why Chicago has the infamous reputation as the murder capital of the United States then?

Another link.

Hmmmmm.
'98 Explorer 5.0

Reply #14
Quote from: FordTruckFreeek;191277
That's why Chicago has the infamous reputation as the murder capital of the United States then?

Another link.

Hmmmmm.

It depends on where you live in the city;)