Skip to main content
Topic: European Fords (Read 5789 times) previous topic - next topic

European Fords

Reply #15
Ford owns Mazda, right? Maybe they're splitting the market segment along those lines to protect their overall market share. With Ford and Mazda taken together, maybe their bean counters are telling them that they'll make the most overall $$$ that way.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5.0L Speed density
Explorer intake
'92 Mustang GT cam
GT-40 racing heads
Unequal length headers
Custom-made duals
19# injectors
65mm TB
AFPR
T/C header panel
11" brake upgrade
T/C rear sway bar
Electrical mods: too many to list :D

European Fords

Reply #16
Anyone remeber ford talking about putting a 427 or 428 or 429 in the Ford Fusion car like 2 years before they came out? 500 HP might get things moving kind of fast.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

European Fords

Reply #17
Quote from: Carpimp1987;190868
Anyone remeber ford talking about putting a 427 or 428 or 429 in the Ford Fusion car like 2 years before they came out? 500 HP might get things moving kind of fast.

Now that might be believable had Ford made any of those three engines in the last 4 years...:screwy:  :slap: :dunce:
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

European Fords

Reply #18
Quote from: FordTruckFreeek;190873
Now that might be believable had Ford made any of those three engines in the last 4 years...:screwy:  :slap: :dunce:
Ford did build a 427ci V10 show car a few years ago. I believe it was called the Interceptor.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

European Fords

Reply #19
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;190875
Ford did build a 427ci V10 show car a few years ago. I believe it was called the Interceptor.

Actually it was called the Ford 427, and was a LOT bigger than a Fusion. It just lent the little car its styling.

How many of us know people under 35 who want a manual tranny? Most, by my count. These are the same people who for the most part don't even have domestic cars on their radar. When young people buy performance oriented cars, they're looking for at least 5 gears to row their own.

European Fords

Reply #20
Quote from: oldraven;190885

How many of us know people under 35 who want a manual tranny? Most, by my count. These are the same people who for the most part don't even have domestic cars on their radar. When young people buy performance oriented cars, they're looking for at least 5 gears to row their own.

Me, and I have two auto cars :hick:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

European Fords

Reply #21
Quote from: thunderjet302;190929
Me, and I have two auto cars :hick:

Have and want are two very different things. ;) I guess that's proving everyone's point.

European Fords

Reply #22
Quote from: oldraven;190885
Actually it was called the Ford 427, and was a LOT bigger than a Fusion. It just lent the little car its styling.

What a sack of dumbshiznits they are for not making that....
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

European Fords

Reply #23
Quote from: oldraven;190935
Have and want are two very different things. ;) I guess that's proving everyone's point.

It's hard to find stick cars by me. I tried to find a 5 speed SC but no luck :hick:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

European Fords

Reply #24
Quote from: thunderjet302;190955
It's hard to find stick cars by me. I tried to find a 5 speed SC but no luck :hick:

Don't feel bad. I had to resort to driving a Saturn (although of all the shiznitbox beater cars I could've ended up with I suppose the Saturn isn't so bad).

Driving the 5-speed Saturn has cemented it into my mind that the T-Bird WILL have a 5-speed by the end of next summer... even if I have to sell the 351 to buy it.:burnout:
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

European Fords

Reply #25
The 427 concept looks like Ford version of a Caddy Muscle car.

Best part about ford making concept parts for sale and not the whole car.

FR200 focus intake

FR500 Wheels

2008 SVT lightning Wheels

Yes theres gotta be more to this list still kind of funny.

I am not even close to 35 and i want a P71 crown vic with a  "taxi Moive car" body kit, Chrome Cobra Rs, 2 tone paint job Aqua bottom and matt Black top, and Twin turbos and GM 2 speed powerslide, Ford 9", last of all run on that E85 fuel if they would sell it here this is a very short list on mods but would be mean to be smoking little high school kids in your big old crown vic.

Was the Interceptor a nice blue and on the cover of Motor Trend Magazine sometime this year? Pics please if you can find a few.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.

European Fords

Reply #27
This nice looking Ford concept looks kind of like a 300C but much nicer. Sorry i was lazy telling other people to go find pics here you go.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

European Fords

Reply #28
Quote from: Carpimp1987;191092
GM 2 speed powerslide,

In case you weren't joking, that would be a Powerglide, but many of them did powerslides. :)

That car in 'Taxi' was rice. All the movie's cool went out the window when the 'blower' raised up through the hood.

Quote from: V8Demon;191095
A look at what Ford Focus should come to the states: http://www.ford.co.uk/ie/foc_c307/foc_models/foc_model_st/-/-/-/-

And one of it's competitors.  I'd hit it.  http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/roadcars/megane230f1/

The Euro Focus is so much better, but then, so was the old Euro RS. I always thought the Megane looked like it had something stuck to the back of its' head, but it looks better than when Chrysler ripped it off with the Nassau concept. http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_shows/2007_detroit/0612_2007_chrysler_nassau_concept/index.html

I still think the 2007 Mondeo is the nicest Ford sedan in decades. Many decades.
http://images.google.ca/images?hl=en&q=ford%20mondeo%202007&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

European Fords

Reply #29
Quote from: Carpimp1987;191092

I am not even close to 35 and i want a P71 crown vic with a  "taxi Moive car" body kit,

Man, you do have NO taste.  Crown Vics are lumps of shiznit to begin with and the  they did to that car for the movie looked like X-ibit took a hit off his crack pipe before he pimped it...pretty much a riced-out C-V. 

Ford USA has their head firmly implanted in ther ass, but the American driving public doesn't help matters as any decent "world car" they bring here everyone bitches about.  It doesn't help that they get dumbed-down for the US market.  So they bring a car over that is cool everywhere else, they neuter it for the Americans, the the public bitches about it, Ford drops it thinking that the car is a failure(even though most of the time it's THEIR fault because they killed it before it came over and they can't market for shiznit) and it gets abandoned support-wise.  Then the subject comes up again and they think back on how "badly" it has worked out in the past and instead of trying to actually figure out why, they just shiznit-can the idea.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon