Skip to main content
Topic: While on the subject of cats... (Read 1380 times) previous topic - next topic

While on the subject of cats...

...I've got another one. While at the camp the other day this tiny black & white kitten came around crying and shivering (it was about -10 celsius out). I'd seen its mother and the litter of kittens around before (the mother is identical in looks to Olive, the kitten I brought home last year that washiznit by a car in January - I am pretty sure they were sisters) but for some reason this little one left the family and came over to the camp. I figure she's about a month old, which would normally be too young to be taken from her mother, but since she either left or was abandoned, and since she's eating solid food, I think she'll be OK. She's fluffy and has double paws on her front legs, and she's very friendly and cuddly (she loves to sleep on my chest).

Since I'm sure this kitten's mother is Olive's sister, that would make her Olive's niece. I've therefore named her Olivia. The name is significant for two reasons: An homage to Olive, and it's also the name of Stewie's girlfriend in a few Family Guy episodes (I've got a cat named Stewie as well). Needless to say, after losing two cats to cars in the past year she'll be an indoor cat. And without further fanfare, I present Olivia:
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #1
awww shes a cute one! I love cats I want one some day!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #2
Sweet! Black and white just like the Bird! :hick:

Man....that second pic......I dunno but for some reason it's screaming icanhascheezburger gold to me. Like "FREEZ IT R THE COPZ" or something
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #3
:bowdown: ThunderChicken , I like cats also and what you did for that kitten was save it's life so thank you and enjoy your new little friend as an (unwrapped x-mas gift.) ;)

Reply #4
Quote from: ZondaC12;190076
Man....that second pic......I dunno but for some reason it's screaming icanhascheezburger gold to me. Like "FREEZ IT R THE COPZ" or something

HA!
Temporarily Foxless? Ride the Bull...

Reply #5
Excellent! Cats are awesome and this one is especially adorable ;)

Our 2 cats approve!

Reply #6
Carm, that's cool, really cool.
Don't let her outside...I lost my little solid black kitten a couple weeks before halloween...he ran under my truck as I was moving it...
I buried 3 cats this year, they're all missed.
Anywho, that's awesome that it's very likely related.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #7
Looks like she's got a lot of personality!
It seems to me that the "rescued" animals always make the greatest pets.  Way to go, Carmen!

Reply #8
That's a little cat. Her head is almost as big as her body ;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #9
Well maybe I should have named her Nibbler. Any Futurama fans will remember that Nibblonians are celebrated poopers. This cat has got to be Nibblonian. She farted last night and it cleared my sinuses...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #10
I don't know what it is about cat's farts...but Jeezeohgawdamightysakes do they ever reek...
My old tomcat was on my lap earlier, and farted...I literally had to get up and walk away...he's a right  at times.

Reply #11
I don't know what it is about cat's farts...but Jeezeohgawdamightysakes do they ever reek...
My old tomcat was on my lap earlier, and farted...I literally had to get up and walk away...he's a right  at times.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #12
Quote from: FordTruckFreeek;190375

Oh sure...blame it on the cat.  I know better! :evilgrin:

Reply #13
Death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth.

1988 5.0 Bird, mostly stock, partly not, now gone to T-Bird heaven.
1990 Volvo 740GL. 114 tire-shredding horsies, baby!

Reply #14
Lol wow, that second picture is amazing.  Nice find, I hope she brings you years of companionship.