Skip to main content
Topic: Final Count Down!! (Read 1889 times) previous topic - next topic

Final Count Down!!

my father wants a list on what i want for my motor in 2 days. i have a 4grand limit. i was thinking on a HO and a blowzilla, flowzilla KB blower it should produce around 350RWHP with my underdrive pullies and full exhaust.
does that sound good?
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

Final Count Down!!

Reply #1
heads/cam/intake and a nice nitrous kit and have money left over
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Final Count Down!!

Reply #2
heads/cam/intake/cold air kit/under drive pulleys if you want/3.73 or 3.55 gears/stall and shift kit and trans cooler
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Final Count Down!!

Reply #3
350RHP and a 4000 dollar budget is tuff a rebuild is half your budget so a power adder is your best bet. if you choose a PA tell your machine shop first

If you’re doing a stock rebuild you can get set of gt40 or gt40p irons at a bone yard cheap.
Intake 96 and up explorer are gt40
On your cam selection when ordering inform the of what trany your using converter speed and WHAT POWER ADDER you chose.
Maf conversion a must

I paid 200 for my gt40 heads from my local J/Y and 150 for U & L intake

Try and leave extra in the budget for a brake upgrade don’t for get for going quick you gotta stop.

Final Count Down!!

Reply #4
Quote from: Carpimp1987;188513
heads/cam/intake/cold air kit/under drive pulleys if you want/3.73 or 3.55 gears/stall and shift kit and trans cooler

WOW i think this is one of the only times i have agreed with Carpimp.... an prob. the last.

Smog delete, hi torque starter, MSD dizzy coil and box.
1986 Cougar LS

Final Count Down!!

Reply #6
Pull the AOD, put a 2800 or 3000 stall, Shift kit, A+ servo, New clutches and everything.
Pull the rear, 3.73's or 4.10's, New clutch pack
Pull the motor, gt40 heads(cleaned up) exploder/cobra/gt40 Intake, Get a cam, do a mass air conversion, headers.
Put all back together, and drive it and be AMAZED on what that does for the car.
Forget the supercharger on a stock AOD, and stock rear end. Its like trying to pull a car using a giant 4 ton tow hook, and a piece of string.
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Final Count Down!!

Reply #7
The KB will help get that brick moving even with stock rear and tranny :D
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

Final Count Down!!

Reply #8
KB's build up alot of heat. They don't have an intercooler kit for the 5.0's and it would take alot of fabbing. Granted, a KB with heat would be better than no KB and cold air. You could also get past the heating with a small N2o shot.

Final Count Down!!

Reply #9
Quote from: Cougar5.0;188986
The KB will help get that brick moving even with stock rear and tranny :D

Never said it wouldnt, but I think his money would be better spend building a good base motor, and setting up the trans and rear for the extra power. Not my car though
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)

Final Count Down!!

Reply #10
who cares? he just wants a dyno to tell him he has 350hp. then after daddy dumps $4k, he could keep up with a stock Grand Prix. LOL!
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

Final Count Down!!

Reply #11
true its not my car
my $300 beater ;)

Final Count Down!!

Reply #12
Quote from: Drewstang;189027
KB's build up alot of heat. They don't have an intercooler kit for the 5.0's and it would take alot of fabbing. Granted, a KB with heat would be better than no KB and cold air. You could also get past the heating with a small N2o shot.

We don't need no stinkin' heat! KB's are fine in northern areas that never get that hot.
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

Final Count Down!!

Reply #13
Quote from: daboss351;189032
Never said it wouldnt, but I think his money would be better spend building a good base motor, and setting up the trans and rear for the extra power. Not my car though

agree 4000 wont go far

Final Count Down!!

Reply #14
Quote from: daboss351;189032

Meh, it's not the power level, it's the power level and IF he hooks WHAM!;)