Skip to main content
Topic: Darth Turbo (Read 6110 times) previous topic - next topic

Darth Turbo

A few pictures of my 5th bird.  It's been a journey to get to this point.

50k original mile car from Michigan.  Had more problems cleaning up some mouse induced damage than anything to do with rust. 

Still a work in progress.
1988 Black Turbo Coupe
1989 Fiji Blue Chrysler Conquest
1990 Silver Lincoln LSC MKVII
2003 Black Mercury Marauder - S/C
1967 Green Ford Fairlane
:burnout:

Darth Turbo

Reply #1
A couple more....
1988 Black Turbo Coupe
1967 Green Ford Fairlane

Darth Turbo

Reply #2
That is one clean car, Hats off to you man it looks PURDY!
:birdsmily:

2.5" Cat Back Exhaust, CenterForce Stage 2 Dual Friction Clutch, B&M Ripper Shifter, T3/T4 Turbonetics 63 A/R Turbo, Rods Stainless Tubular Ceramic Coated Header, Boost Controller @ 15Psi, Kirban AFPR, 42lb Injectors, 190LPH Walbro Fuel pump, Ranger Roller Cam, 3" Aluminum Intake Tubing, K&N Cone,  KYB Struts, Koni Red Horizontals/Verticals, Eibach Sportline Springs, Racer Walsh C/C Plates, Polyurethane Bushings, 17x9 Cobra R Wheels

Darth Turbo

Reply #3
Good job! That is a sharp looking Bird.

Darth Turbo

Reply #4
Great looking ride.What size wheels are those?Got any interior pics.Beautiful car.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Darth Turbo

Reply #5
very nice looking ride. great job !!! what kinda of times you running??? or just a show car???

Darth Turbo

Reply #6
Thanks all....
It is always nice to get props from fellow bird owners.
The paint is not perfect, as it is original.  I think the car had a sheltered life until the last couple of years where it lived outside in MI.  There is some paint contamination (acid rain) that I have not been able to polish/buff out.  But other than that and having to clean off all the "Rusty Jones" (a 1980s style rust preventative) overspray in the engine compartment, it is still a clean unit.

Vinnie.. I have the OEM Concepts 17x9 Cobra Rs with 245s up front and 275s in the back.

Screamin... it is more of a driver that gets to go to the show from time to time.  I've no intention of racing it at this point.  I go to the track about 3 - 4 times a year and when I do that it is with my S/C'd 03 Marauder or my 428CJ powered 67 Fairlane. 

I'll get some pictures of the interior this weekend.
1988 Black Turbo Coupe
1967 Green Ford Fairlane

Darth Turbo

Reply #7
Wow... that's spectacular.  I absolutely love black TC's.  Beautiful car.

Darth Turbo

Reply #8
NICE!  I've often wondered what my bumpers would look like with red inserts.....You've just given me even more reason to do it!
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Darth Turbo

Reply #9
What a beautiful car you have there. I want to see some pics of the Marauder and th Fairlane.

20006 Ford Fusion SE

Darth Turbo

Reply #10
Sweet ride

Darth Turbo

Reply #11
Very nice TC.  I'd love to see the Fairlane and Marauder too.  Is the Marauder's SC by Trilogy Motorsports?  I know a guy who had a Trilogy SC'ed Marauder that could outrun a stock Ford GT in the 1/4 mile.
2000 Jaguar XK8 Convertible - 4.0L DOHC V8 (AJ27)
2018 Ford Explorer - 3.5L DOHC V6 (Duratec 35)
1999 Mercury Grand Marquis - 4.6L SOHC V8 (Modular)
1987 Mercury Cougar LS - 5.0L V8 (Windsor) [SOLD in 2009]

Darth Turbo

Reply #12
Nice Turbo Coupe:D

Just wondering but do the 245s mounted on the 17X9shiznit the fender on bumps?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Darth Turbo

Reply #13
that's a clean ass bird!  makes me really miss my first black 88.
91 ranger 2.3 turbo - nowhere near stock
87 thunderbird turbocoupe
06 pontiac g6 gt
:birdsmily:

Darth Turbo

Reply #14
Pictures of

Fairlane before paint.....(428CJ, Dual Quad, 5Spd, 4wh Disc, 3.70 rear)
Fairlane after paint... (I still haven't gotten all the trim back on the car but I am getting close... then the interior needs to be done)
Marauder at a local show in Tucson... (Yes it has the Trilogy S/C but not as hot a setup as the one that was racing the Ford GT)
1988 Black Turbo Coupe
1967 Green Ford Fairlane