Skip to main content
Topic: Out with the old...in with the new. (Read 3624 times) previous topic - next topic

Out with the old...in with the new.

Reply #15
Quote from: screaming306;185319
.....what in the world has happened to the love of muscle cars ???? did the fast and furious do this ?????  My wife saw it too and said ..."ice ice baby "  (for those of you over 30...me included)...LOL.

Me being 19 it sickens me. Im a nastalgic muscle car guy. True gearhead. I understand the Ice Ice Baby comment. "jumped in the 5.0 with the ragtop down so my hair can blow" those Stupid FNF movies ruined what we had. Its all appearance now.

Im diggin the TC, definetly what i woulda traded for haha.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Reply #16
nice score shawn.  now I gotta get a 5.0L bird again before CJ so we can run, :evilgrin:

Reply #17
i definity think you will be happier in the bird.....cause have you seen what the teenagers are doing to all the mustangs ??? they are RICING THEM UP !!!!!!! omg, i saw a 93 notchback 5.0 with SPINNERS on the wheels with 2 white kids , hats on sidewides.....what in the world has happened to the love of muscle cars ???? did the fast and furious do this ?????  My wife saw it too and said ..."ice ice baby "  (for those of you over 30...me included)...LOL.

I love how you say "the teenagers". Im only 22 years old. Around here, they dont get riced up. And yes, i know what Ice Ice Baby is all about, just like Rollin in my 5.0.

Quote from: V8Demon
Make any money on the 'Stang?

Nope. Did a direct trade. The Stang wasnt nearly as nice as pictures made it look. My photography hides a lot. Most people didnt know that my gray TC had hardly any clearcoat on the top half. Anyways, we did a direct swap, swapped parts that we had for each car, swapped titles, and here it is. This one has 87K, the stang had 170K...I think I made out better.

Quote from: 1WLD BRD
nice score shawn. now I gotta get a 5.0L bird again before CJ so we can run

Itll be a while before its worth racing, itll probably remain mostly stock for a year or two.

The plan for this car is to fix it, make it nice, and drive it. Ill do a full exhaust, cold air, and a handful of small mods to it, but I need to put most of my funds into my red bird, since its up on stands, doesnt run, doesnt move, has no suspension under it, nothing.

After the red bird is up, this car will get nasty, but thats in the future :evilgrin:
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #18
looks nice
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #19
I liked the Mustang....

Reply #20
The Mustang had to go long live the TC you make any money to buy a few upgrades for the new ride?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Reply #21
Did you read the thread?
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #22
So if it's not an auto why the single exhaust pipe :hick: ?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #23
Theres two there. The previous owner of the previous owner put some ugly ass tips on it, and we cut them off. Its all rotten anyways.

No big deal, there will be a single pipe sometime soon ;)
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #24
Glad to see you came to your senses. ;)

Reply #25
Quote from: Tbird232ci;185802
Theres two there. The previous owner of the previous owner put some ugly ass tips on it, and we cut them off. Its all rotten anyways.

No big deal, there will be a single pipe sometime soon ;)

Ah 3" pipe. Good deal:D
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #26
Quote from: Tbird232ci;185690
Did you read the thread?
Does he ever?
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #27
i definity think you will be happier in the bird.....cause have you seen what the teenagers are doing to all the mustangs ??? they are RICING THEM UP !!!!!!! omg, i saw a 93 notchback 5.0 with SPINNERS on the wheels with 2 white kids , hats on sidewides.....what in the world has happened to the love of muscle cars ???? did the fast and furious do this ?????  My wife saw it too and said ..."ice ice baby "  (for those of you over 30...me included)...LOL.

Thank you. Someone had to say it. Now I don't feel quite so old when I see those nimrods... :spit:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5.0L Speed density
Explorer intake
'92 Mustang GT cam
GT-40 racing heads
Unequal length headers
Custom-made duals
19# injectors
65mm TB
AFPR
T/C header panel
11" brake upgrade
T/C rear sway bar
Electrical mods: too many to list :D

Reply #28
Hey man, nice score.  Can't wait to see it before most of the rest of these clowns (nya, nya). :shakeass:

So, how many different cars have sported those tags?  :hick:
"lol.. because not too many people care for that style of car"
[size=-2]Click on paw print \/[/size]

Reply #29
Sorry to say it, but Grutinator beat ya to it!
It's Gumby's fault.