Skip to main content
Topic: 350hp!! (Read 9034 times) previous topic - next topic

350hp!!

Reply #76
thats a good start, but thats way to far away.
CAD could you do a engine swap? if so, how much would you want? that way i could learn.
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

350hp!!

Reply #77
Quote from: thunderjet302;186856
The engine long block is the same. If he's going to replace the pistons anyway it doesn't matter if he starts with a forged piston Mustang/Mark VII HO block or the SO 5.0 block.

Wait, um, didn't the 5.0 SO start getting forged pistons in  . . . I wanna say 1987 or 1988 or so, I can't remember where I read it, though.  Maybe coolcats.net but don't hold me to that.
1988 Thunderbird Sport V8 - only 1 previous owner, and 110% bone stock so far... and sold to Nate!

350hp!!

Reply #78
Quote from: quicksilver;187091
haha i would do it my self but my father doesnt trust me.
i have a question for you guys. if you had 4grand to spend on the motor, what would you do with it. i have one week to make my mind up about if i want a stock HO with a supercharger, with a holley intake manifold or get my motor rebuild with a 331 stroker kit, but keep stock heads and intake?

With these 2 options I would opt for the 302Ho S/C dealie-o.

350hp!!

Reply #79
Quote from: quicksilver;187091
haha i would do it my self but my father doesnt trust me.
i have a question for you guys. if you had 4grand to spend on the motor, what would you do with it. i have one week to make my mind up about if i want a stock HO with a supercharger, with a holley intake manifold or get my motor rebuild with a 331 stroker kit, but keep stock heads and intake?

I don't believe you'll get 350 at the rear wheels with a e7/302 even with a Kenne Bell supercharger. It's turbo time :evilgrin: :evilgrin:
The Kenne Bell would  blister the tires down low though. :burnout: Slopoke starts chanting Kenne Kenne Kenne!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]88 t-bird: 5.0ho, gt40y, crane 2031, fms 1.7, paxton@5#, aod wide ratio, tci stall, performer rpm upper, 70mm bbk, pro m 60, 42#s, 3.73 7.5" posi, jba shorties, borla, upr x. 13.4 @ 104mph. cbaza, moates, tuned by decipha