Skip to main content
Topic: 350hp!! (Read 9036 times) previous topic - next topic

350hp!!

Reply #30
Our car are not worth much put a 514 into it and its not worth much more than it is right now. Every $3 you put into ours car you might be lucky to get $1 back over 50% of the money you spend consider it gone and never to return. The only #s you need are RWHP and RWTQ and how many cars you can keep up with or dust.

281 4V

Skip the 347

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

350hp!!

Reply #31
CAD, well, im getting trans serviced and shift kit so i hope that will be enough...
my shoulder is ok, the doctor said it will never be 100% again
and i tore one of my hamstring muscles. its not a complete tear but the back of my leg was full of blood underneith the skin from the tear. that happened a month ago. im coming back to playing football tomorrow though. but i cant play in games because of it. so im pretty much just hitting the 1st string players and getting them ready for the game. thanks for asking CAD.
also, im still looking for that 8.8 for you to out in also. i cant find one with 3.55 gears yet.
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

350hp!!

Reply #32
Sorry i did not know you got hurt that bad hope it heals soon.

Do you know what shift kit your getting??? Also your car looks good and whatever you do with it i hope you get around the power you want and get it done right hopefully the 1st time around so you don't gotta swap out a lot of parts down the road.

So your looking for a TC rearend with 3.55s how much can you spend on one? i might know one person that still has one on his parts car.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

350hp!!

Reply #33
Quote from: quicksilver;185533
CAD,
my shoulder is ok, the doctor said it will never be 100% again
and i tore one of my hamstring muscles. its not a complete tear but the back of my leg was full of blood underneith the skin from the tear. that happened a month ago. im coming back to playing football tomorrow though. but i cant play in games because of it. so im pretty much just hitting the 1st string players and getting them ready for the game. thanks for asking CAD.
also, im still looking for that 8.8 for you to out in also. i cant find one with 3.55 gears yet.

Almost sorry I asked, ouch.  But I'm glad you are back in the game, you sound like one tough kid!

Get any 8.8 and a set of 3.55 or 3.73 gears to put in it.

TED

350hp!!

Reply #34
thanks carpimp.
yeah, im looking for a 8.8. that would be alot of money to ship!
CAD, how much more money would you charge to put the gears into. i remember you saying you'll charge $200 to put the 8.8 in but thats it though,
haha i have always been a tough kid when it comes to playing sports. plus its my senior year and we are in the playoffs. so if we lose im done playing football anyways. we play saturday, so i might only have 3 days of practicing...
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

350hp!!

Reply #35
At the same rpm and efficiency, cubic inches will always make more power.  With the air to feed it.

This does not always mean it will be faster...thus the 351 vs 302 debate.  A properly prepared 347 vs a similarly prepared 331, the 347 should always be better across the board.  Horsepower AND torque.  You just have to feed the stroke.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

350hp!!

Reply #36
Quote from: quicksilver;185544
thanks carpimp.
yeah, im looking for a 8.8. that would be alot of money to ship!
CAD, how much more money would you charge to put the gears into. i remember you saying you'll charge $200 to put the 8.8 in but thats it though,
haha i have always been a tough kid when it comes to playing sports. plus its my senior year and we are in the playoffs. so if we lose im done playing football anyways. we play saturday, so i might only have 3 days of practicing...

I'm not a gear expert but I will do my best to get them in there.  I had good luck in the past just using the same shims.  We can do this at the same price.  I'm not doing this to make money, I just could not see you paying the price that you were quoted before.  Just trying to help out a local forum member and you can work with me and learn at the same time.

Here's the post that I did from when I put 3.55 gears in the Cad-T-Bird http://www.cadillacpower.com/forum/index.php/topic,6531.0.html As you can see I just wing it.

TED

350hp!!

Reply #37
ok thanks! sounds ok to me. where should i buy the 3.73 gears at?
so do you guys think i should get a 331 stroker kit with AFR 185's heads with a comp cam fwnx264hr14 will make 350? what intake manifold should i get? i'll also pick up a pair of roller rockers. would a 3000 stall be ok?

350hp!!

Reply #38
Make a decision on what cam/heads/intake/rear gears you're going to run before you even think about the converter.  You'll want to know all this other stuff first so you can make an informed decision as to how much stall speed to go with.

That being said with the combo you have listed above, I assume you mean this cam listed here?  http://www.compcams.com/Technical/Search/CamDetails.asp?PartNumber=35-349-8

Even with 1.7 ratio rockers I doubt you would get the 420-430 flywheel HP needed to get you 350 RWHP.  You'd be a tad shy.

Something like this would get you closer.  http://www.compcams.com/Technical/Search/CamDetails.asp?PartNumber=35-302-8

Keep in mind with either one you will need to check PTV and pushrod length.

3000 stall would be OK for the first one.  The second?  Not so sure.....Might want a little more IMHO.

Also  TRANS COOLER!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

350hp!!

Reply #39
Quote from: V8Demon;185600
Make a decision on what cam/heads/intake/rear gears you're going to run before you even think about the converter.  You'll want to know all this other stuff first so you can make an informed decision as to how much stall speed to go with.

That being said with the combo you have listed above, I assume you mean this cam listed here?  http://www.compcams.com/Technical/Search/CamDetails.asp?PartNumber=35-349-8

Even with 1.7 ratio rockers I doubt you would get the 420-430 flywheel HP needed to get you 350 RWHP.  You'd be a tad shy.

Something like this would get you closer.  http://www.compcams.com/Technical/Search/CamDetails.asp?PartNumber=35-302-8

Keep in mind with either one you will need to check PTV and pushrod length.

3000 stall would be OK for the first one.  The second?  Not so sure.....Might want a little more IMHO.

Also  TRANS COOLER!

Wouldn't that first cam (with a 110 lobe separation angle) be a little iffy with even a mass air car? I thought the limit for MA was 112*. Just wondering but are those roller or flat tappet cams?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

350hp!!

Reply #40
You're looking at the centerline....The LSA is 114* on the first one.

350hp!!

Reply #42
Quote from: V8Demon;185647
You're looking at the centerline....The LSA is 114* on the first one.

Doh :slap:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

350hp!!

Reply #43
Quote from: quicksilver;185595
ok thanks! sounds ok to me. where should i buy the 3.73 gears at?
so do you guys think i should get a 331 stroker kit with AFR 185's heads with a comp cam fwnx264hr14 will make 350? what intake manifold should i get? i'll also pick up a pair of roller rockers. would a 3000 stall be ok?

Sounds like a kick a$$ street setup. The Edelbrock Torquer 2 has high dyno runs. Check how it specs at Andersonfordmotorsports. 70-75mm throttle body and a 90mm lightning mass air. 42lb. injectors and a pms standalone running the electronics.
For the transmission, ditch the lockup converter for a nonlock from Precision Industries or Dirtydog they can help with the stall, install a baumann shift kit and a transgo high rev governor. The transmission should be overhauled and modified. Check our clickclickracing.com. Or if you have to have lockup, ditch the aod for a 4r70w with a manual valve body and lock the converter with a 12 volt switch. It's like having another extra gear!
Out back you'll need some drag radials with a 31 spline traction lock differential with 31 spline axles. . You could go with a 4.10 gear if you really want to move it quick. Also you may want to try a narrower Mustang rear end which would allow you to stuff the largest drag radial you can between the fenders. You'll need it especially if you run the juice on top of that combo. :evilgrin:
Keep us posted. Sound like it will be a mean machine :evilgrin:  :evilgrin:

Mike
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]88 t-bird: 5.0ho, gt40y, crane 2031, fms 1.7, paxton@5#, aod wide ratio, tci stall, performer rpm upper, 70mm bbk, pro m 60, 42#s, 3.73 7.5" posi, jba shorties, borla, upr x. 13.4 @ 104mph. cbaza, moates, tuned by decipha

350hp!!

Reply #44
, almost forgot, badbird is selling his 342!!!
That is one bada$$ motor. :evilgrin:  :evilgrin:  :evilgrin:
  If I had the money :( it would have been a done deal. If you want to keep the motor as original, just pull it and install that one. That way the original could be reinstalled or sold as a package.
Don't know how much power he was put'n down but it was good enough for 11.6's in the 1/4, all motor  :evilgrin: :evilgrin:  All you need is the vehicle weight and it can be calculated to rear wheel hp. Running the 1/4 with the rwhp is better than the dyno anyway imho
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]88 t-bird: 5.0ho, gt40y, crane 2031, fms 1.7, paxton@5#, aod wide ratio, tci stall, performer rpm upper, 70mm bbk, pro m 60, 42#s, 3.73 7.5" posi, jba shorties, borla, upr x. 13.4 @ 104mph. cbaza, moates, tuned by decipha