Skip to main content
Topic: 350hp!! (Read 9037 times) previous topic - next topic

350hp!!

Reply #15
425-450 IS HEAVY HORSE FOR THE STREET AND NOT STREETABLE?????
Maybe for a 4cyl turbo!!!
I run between 450-500hp and drive mine almost everywhere in the summer time on nice days.
My car idles just like factory(could be do to the factory cam lol)and runs mint.

350hp!!

Reply #16
Quote from: dominator;185437
425-450 IS HEAVY HORSE FOR THE STREET AND NOT STREETABLE?????
Maybe for a 4cyl turbo!!!
I run between 450-500hp and drive mine almost everywhere in the summer time on nice days.
My car idles just like factory(could be do to the factory cam lol)and runs mint.

^what he said!  I see that car every other week and never a serious problem, and like he siad, you would NEVER guess the power from looking at it or listening to it idle.
  450 is nothing if you have a decent set-up.  it is the combos that aren't sorted out properly that aren't streetable at that power level.

Hell I guess the new shelby isn't a streetable car, I wonder why ford decided to build a none streetable car. :dunno::hick:

350hp!!

Reply #17
450 hp on a pushrod V8 80 technology is not very good gas mileage. And if he puts a stall converter in it.
Today’s cars are today technology; it’s almost unfair what there putting out at the factory. But it’s his car I don’t recommend building a super hotrod motor for everyday driving.

350hp!!

Reply #18
funny, what kind of motor is in the Z06 corvette?  and what is its power level?  of course the fuel milage goes down, it takes fuel to make power....  if he wanted economy I bet he would be asking how to improve mileage from his daily driven focus or something.  not trying to be an ass, (ok yes I am) but he asked how to make a certain amount of power.  We told him.  At that power level it will be VERY Streetable, and a very nice DD.  yes his milage will go down, but it wont be none streetable, by anymeans, as long as he sorts out the combo and uses the right set of parts, (no you dont want a 4000rpm stall converter and 90/10 struts for a street car)

350hp!!

Reply #19
302 cubes and 450 crank HP make for a motor that HAS to wind just a bit higher than stock to say the least in N/A form.  The extra cubes will help that some.

Streetable is different things to different people.  To some it may mean getting better than 15 MPG out of their pushrod motor.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

350hp!!

Reply #20
Like Paul said “Streetable is different things to different people” just given him information to help him on his decisions.

350hp!!

Reply #21
To get 350 rwhp from a 302 on the street you will need a little help, but this might be the best way;  NOS or blower.  I always thought the bolt on supercharger kits would be the way to go; if you have the money.

TED

350hp!!

Reply #22
350 RWHP from a 302?  How about two IHIs feeding a nice IC feeding a  long block built for economy?  Good low end, good top end, and it stays a "turbo" coupe.
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

350hp!!

Reply #23
Quote from: quicksilver;185225
im also getting a mustang rear end and my transmission totally serviced with a shift installed.
i also want my motor to be naturally aspirated.

Is the AOD going to hold this power?  I did not see the part about naturally aspirated.

I think 350hp is going to be a challenge.  Remember that torque rules on the street, go as big as you can.  You also have a pretty heavy car.

Has your bother been to the strip to see what times you have to beat? 

One more question;  How is your shoulder?  I hope all is well now.

TED

350hp!!

Reply #25
I would agree with the 351 swap and some mild heads and cam. A stroker kit, if it is in the budget, would be even better. Having more cubic inches doing less work is the way to make good torque and longevity. It will also get decent mileage without having to rev and be hard on parts.

350hp!!

Reply #26
Streetable depends on the road your on your driving skills and last your car.

Also does almost any LS1 have almost 350hp??? i know i should not say that but you might find one cheap.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

350hp!!

Reply #27
Thanks for all the links.  I like the sound of the Edelbrock kit, and on a 351 this would make a great combo.  My only question is, why do they not include the push rods and rockers and make it a complete kit?

Also make me want to work on my 69 Cougar I have in the back shed.  I purchased this in 1979 and it has 80k on it, but with a crack block.  I had a 351 4bbl rebuilt and new tires and brakes and there it sat since.  Even has lots of NOS parts with it.  One of these days.

TED

350hp!!

Reply #28
Your T-Bird is very nice but please someday fix up the cougar I hope to get one in the new few years paint it yellow and black with a blower out the hood.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

350hp!!

Reply #29
i cant get a 351 because my dad wants to get the stock engine block to keep matching numbers ( we are keeping all stock parts in garage)
so do you guys think i should get a 331 stroker kit with AFR 185's heads with a comp cam fwnx264hr14? what intake manifold should i get? i'll also pick up a pair of roller rockers. would a 3000 stall be ok?

this is what my brother has in his GTP
Rebuilt Engine, Custom Cam, 3.22 MPS Pulley - 1.9's modded rockers- Custom Intense PCM- 72mm ZZP TB- W-body Shift Kit- PEM'S in to a 3" Down pipe- ZZP TB SPacer- Autolights 104's- Wizard CAI- 9" K&N Cone- Flowmaster Cat-back-180* T-Stat- U-bend and Res. delete- Dual Aeroforce scan gauges- airfuel gauge- Traction T/A 235/60/16.
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.