Topic: new bird pics (Read 6306 times) previous topic - next topic

new bird pics

Reply #30
looking good man.

new bird pics

Reply #31
Quote from: SLEEPER T-BIRD 87;186978
just a custom manifold and some tiny turbo's

It's been done, on the SVO I bought from Hal, and while it's very cool, you need a couple very small turbos, like T25s, and it's a lot of headache any time you have to change things.  You can't really buy T25s new, unless they're ball bearing Garretts, you can get them used from JDM Nissans, but if you buy new ones here in the US they run at least 750 a piece, so that's 1500 in turbos, you'll have 500 in plumbing everything, a custom exhaust manifold with two T25 style s, two wastegates possibly if you use external.  In the end the benefits are no greater than a split scroll single turbo with a proper header, for a LOT more cost.  I've had one of the turbos fail and will just go to single turbo I think.

Maybe you could get more benefit with a true sequential twin turbo setup like a Supra or FD RX7 has, but that would be even MORE complication with a few actuators and valves thrown in.  There's a reason why Supra and RX7 guys switch to big singles when they're going for a big upgrade in power.
Long time Turboford freak...
84 SVO
88 TC
87 XR4Ti

new bird pics

Reply #32
New motor swap,Im ready for the hate responces there is a few reasons why i done it.

1.Cost

2. ease

3. time constraints

4. availability of parts

5.reliability (lol)

6. I wanted to

So keep this in mind with your responces.I dont want to turn this into a you coulda built a [insert ford motor here] because for the simple fact I couldnt.

SO for those who have wondered what has been going on since i broke the torque converter here it is...........
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

new bird pics

Reply #33
more
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

new bird pics

Reply #34
454 i hope
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

new bird pics

Reply #36
Every chevy motor looks the same in orange and a big intake. As long as its not a  305 its awesome in my book!
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)

new bird pics

Reply #37
Not as cool as Ted's 500 Caddy, but still sweet ;)

Will it have the stones to take over #1?

new bird pics

Reply #38
Quote from: daboss351;189033
As long as its not a  305 its awesome in my book!

310 cubic inches.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

new bird pics

Reply #39
Quote from: Aerobird Motorsports;189035
Not as cool as Ted's 500 Caddy, but still sweet ;)

Will it have the stones to take over #1?

who knows it may have something else in it by next month :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

new bird pics

Reply #40
"Ford tough with Chevy stuff"
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

new bird pics

Reply #41
Quote from: SLEEPER T-BIRD 87;189036
310 cubic inches.

Good enough for me!!!! Cant wait to see the times!
my $300 beater ;)

new bird pics

Reply #42
;0
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

new bird pics

Reply #44
Quote from: Drewstang;189089
Someone poured weaksauce in your Ford motor and turned it into a Chevy. :)

Nah he just put the motor in backwards!