Skip to main content
Topic: More leather work with pics! 10/15/07 (Read 1167 times) previous topic - next topic

More leather work with pics! 10/15/07

Yep, I'm at it again. I'm off work and I've been getting more tools and such to make my leather work look more professional. These are Hot of the digital camera. I'm on a break.
Here we have the new shift boot in the making. I like the look of this better than the first. I know the one piece isn't attached yet. They are temp glued before sewing on the machine.

Now as in the first post about my other shift boot I talked about making a steering wheel cover well here you have it. This is made to fit the A-frame steering wheel 83-86 I think.  The staples on the old cover are where it was to long and I cut it to fit tight when taking it off. Gotta check the fit when I'm done.
Here some pics.

I think I'm gonna have the wife embroider the :birdsmily:  emblem on the boot and the wheel cover. She love that type of stuff. I'm gonna use the older non-firebird T-bird emblem.

I could also make these for any member here. I'm not sure what kind price range just yet. Right now I have black leather on hand but I could get other colors also. Still in the works for now. So what do you guy think about my work? Good, bad, or Ugly?
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #1
looking great!
91 ranger 2.3 turbo - nowhere near stock
87 thunderbird turbocoupe
06 pontiac g6 gt
:birdsmily:

Reply #2
I like it, looks very nice.  I know what you are talking about with the shift boots having two different stitch patterns front to back.  I'm not sure if its a year thing but I've seen boots with the same stitch and boots with the two different stitches.
One 88

Reply #3
For what it's worth, I have a shift boot from a 1st gen Taurus SHO. It appears to be identical to the Turbo Coupe/XR-7 boot, but it's a little longer (longer shifter?).

Nice work, man. Post more pics when you get 'em!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #4
How Much for a Leather Cover for the Stock Cougar Steering wheel on the Cougar LS 86 ? I will take one mines all holy.... lol.
.: Lastest :.

Reply #5
Looks  good there!! Next summer, I'd to get a shifter boot, in black of course :D

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]